G27 pedal hex screws rounded,now what?

Was thinking of upgrading to the 2 pedal Fanatec Elites but need them on the carpet floor unmounted.

I don’t think the Fanatecs are good for this or are they?

I can’t have them sitting up against the back wall because my studio monitors and sub have mountains of cabling at the back.

Upvote 0
I think you'll need to either get some thin nosed molegrips on the heads (if there is enough space around them) or you may have to resort to drilling them out which will be a right pain as they'll have to be replaced with some larger self tappers.

Any pictures to show exactly which screws they are? I'm assuming they are the ones that hold the two halves together.

Upvote 0
I think you'll need to either get some thin nosed molegrips on the heads (if there is enough space around them) or you may have to resort to drilling them out which will be a right pain as they'll have to be replaced with some larger self tappers.

Any pictures to show exactly which screws they are? I'm assuming they are the ones that hold the two halves together.
They are the hex or allen screws that hold the pedal plates.

Upvote 0
I think I am screwed lol,the hex screws are pretty stuffed.

WEll that's my sim racing fun over till my next life.

Pedals going into the bin.

They had all the mods Gt Eye Gas spring,Nixim Clutch Spring, AP Electrix load cell mod,loooved em to bits,now can't race all because Logitech put these cheap shitty hex screws on their products.

Spent 100 on a soldering iron and powerdrill to fix the gas pot which I should have used on another set of pedals,the power drill is next to useless anyway,has no power.

Sigh,kill me now.

Upvote 0
Just saw this rubber band tip. Never tried it myself so not sure if it works but no harm in trying.

elastico-300x171.jpg

Upvote 0
They are pretty stuffed,I haven’t got the tools for a dremel.
TY for the advice though.

I don’t like the Thrustmaster pedals,they look awful and the others in the market aren’t designed for floor use :-(

If only we could buy Logitech pedals seperately.

Upvote 0
Dremel style tool as EsxPaul said. Generic ones are really cheap. I paid about UK £12 for one from Ebay or Amazon, and they are great for cutting slots in screw heads. Use the grinding disk.

Upvote 0
What size are the screws?

M4?

And what length for each pedal?

Going to take it to a hardware store and see if they can fix it.

30 mm by 2 and 16.3 mm for the gas.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Not buying a dremel for over 100 just for one job and then it sits there gathering cobwebs lol.

I’ve ordered the hex screws now to try to get someone to get the screws out for half a slab.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You could have picked up a more el cheapo version:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Flameer-I...9?keywords=rotary+tool&qid=1574327644&sr=8-19

They also come in really handy for other jobs around the home but that's a bit irrelevant now. Glad you found a way to fix it and saved yourself the expense of a new set :thumbsup:

Having fixed it yet,that doesn't come with the cutting bits!

"I'll get you Butler!" :redface:

What is the piece that cuts into the screw look like?

Also the screws are tiny and countersunk,be bloody hard to remove them by trying to cut into them without damaging the pedal faces.

Don't want to buy all this stuff if it doesn't work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 105 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 138 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 191 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 377 28.3%