G27 pedal hex screws rounded,now what?

Having fixed it yet,that doesn't come with the cutting bits!

"I'll get you Butler!" :redface:

What is the piece that cuts into the screw look like?

Also the screws are tiny and countersunk,be bloody hard to remove them by trying to cut into them without damaging the pedal faces.

Don't want to buy all this stuff if it doesn't work.

You got me there mate. Sorry about that. I was quickly going off of the photos on the page but they are misleading. Looking in more detail, it doesn't seem that you get any cutting discs in with the tool.

You would need to add a cheap set of those discs onto the cost. Something along these lines:

https://www.amazon.com.au/Enjoydeal...tary+tool+cutting+discs&qid=1574346395&sr=8-5

Upvote 0
****ed my dremel attempt up,screws will not budge,dumb idea.

Well that's my sim racing over.

Throwing the g27 and pedals into the bin as they will not be used anymore.

And uninstalling all the sims I spent hundreds on.

God hates us dumbies,the right wing prick.

What a waste buying the drill and the extra stuff,on suicide watch.

Bought the 3 rap kit too to replace the pot,I never was a handyman,I'm useless at life.

Bought a soldering iron as well for the 3d rap pot mod,all going into the bin.

KILL ME NOW.

Taking it out on my drumming practice pad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes,uninstalled al my race sims and got rid of all my sim gear including track ir and hotas,least my pc desk is nice and clean now.

Just playing with a Logitech gamepad now,over sim racing,waited for months for the dremel bits and they never came so I rushed to Bunnings and bought the bits but now all useless lol.

Upvote 0
Yes,uninstalled al my race sims and got rid of all my sim gear including track ir and hotas,least my pc desk is nice and clean now.

Just playing with a Logitech gamepad now,over sim racing,waited for months for the dremel bits and they never came so I rushed to Bunnings and bought the bits but now all useless lol.

If I pay postage, send them my way chap ;)

Upvote 0

Lol send me the pedals, I'd like them for spares...but seriously your frustration tolerance does not seem very high, that's a lot of value down the bin

Upvote 0
No,I had a few cracks(tries in Aussie)at dremeling the screws and they didn’t budge.

I’m too old now to simrace anyway,probably best to give it the arse.

Loved those Logi pedals,no other pedals are available on the market that can be used on carpet,would never buy Thrustmaster,quality control issues.

Fanatecs 2 pedal Elite’s look like they need to be mounted.

The Logis lasted me 8 years until the gas pot went flaky,in the bin now and gone.

Enjoying not tripping over cables now I have packed away all my sim gear,desk nice and clean.

Only have Wreckfest on the hd for a bit of fun in the off time with a gamepad,I wasn’t any good enough at sim racing to be pro at it,I couldn’t understand setups lol.

Putting all effort into my only talent,drumming and music.

Peace.

Will be using the money I was going to use on a set of pedals towards the fire victims here.

Upvote 0
Had a third try after your encouragement,taking em out of the bin,dremelled a bit more and FINALLY got the screws removed after alot of effort.

Now in another condumdrum,I can’t seem to remove the black plastic bit next to the pot.

3draps tutorial is terrible,does not show how to remove this piece,it is stuck on and refuses to move.

P.S. After an hour ,I still can’t get the black plastic piece off,ready to throw my pedals in the bin again ffs.

There is a spring behind the black piece which I disconnected from the black plastic piece but the puece just will not move,there is a metal thing on top of the black plastic piece,do I take that off?

Some calm thoughts and best wishes to Aussie animals and trees and houses and humans,my home.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Yes, you have to take off the securing washer remove the plastic part. Try bending up the little flap at the flat side of the poti axle. Check this video to see how it works. Do not try to pry the plastic piece off as it will dig the flap deeper into the poti axle. For reassembly I suggest bending the flap back down before putting the washer on again.
I wouldn't recommend taking the potis themselves apart as in the video however. Should be sufficient to spray some electrical cleaner into the potis from the outside to wash out the dirt.

Upvote 0
Yes, you have to take off the securing washer remove the plastic part. Try bending up the little flap at the flat side of the poti axle. Check this video to see how it works. Do not try to pry the plastic piece off as it will dig the flap deeper into the poti axle. For reassembly I suggest bending the flap back down before putting the washer on again.
I wouldn't recommend taking the potis themselves apart as in the video however. Should be sufficient to spray some electrical cleaner into the potis from the outside to wash out the dirt.
Thanks panicpete,that did the trick.

Upvote 0
I think I wrecked the spring trying to pry off the black plastic piece,it doesn’t want to fit round the red piece 3drap provided.

3drap should have provided a new spring with the kit.

It’s because of thier vain instruction video,I wrecked it.

So bloody frustrating,ready to give up.

Upvote 0
I need to buy a new spring because of 3draps useless instruction video.

The video moves too fast for me.

Have to take a break until another day .anxiety levels through the roof.

Very poor kit by 3d rap and instructions.

1 out of 5.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Couldn't get it to work,too much mucking around,the pot wouldn't tighten,everytime I put it together,the pot would move around and yes,I used the washers for both sides,the pot looks crumby also.

I tightened the tiny screw in the plastic piece which happened to be an allen screw but it didn't feel secure at all.

Then when I finally put it together, the orange pieces wouldn't move (the gear pieces touching each other),I wanna keep going but the living room is full of **** on the floor.

Better off just getting another set of pedals but like I said,my heart isn't in it like it used too,this 3drap kit looks like it would fall apart in two seconds.

I gave it a red hot go and failed.

I will get out my AP electrix load cell and my gt gas spring and clutch spring and probably put them in a g29 down the line.

This 3drap kit is a big fail.

Upvote 0
On the bright side,my AP Electrix load cell is in mint condition,even the rubber looks brand new,no signs of wear.

I can put her in the g29 when I get it.

Salvaged the GT gas spring as well.

All good.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.3%