G27 paddle shifter alterations possible??

Hi all I’m a newbie here as well as with trying to alter my old g27 wheel. I play iracing and American truck simulator mostly. I want to make a custom shifter for ATS, thoughts are to use the snap button switches from the left and right paddle shifter for my high low range splitters in ATS, I will mount the switches into the gear shifter. I am trying to use the three wire power from the brake and the clutch potentiometer switches to power up the paddle shifter microswitches but am having no luck making them register in the game controls? I can make them register, but when I have the three wires hooked up to the microswitches a certain way that actually register with the game, it creates a power cut out to the wheel while the microswitche is being pressed and causes the game to pause? Any one know if this is possible to make work? I am trying this way for ease of work as all the wiring is already there. If this way won’t work, is there another way tri make these microswitches function off of wire leads? Thanks for the help, I will post pics of my rig when I get this last detail sorted out! Here’s a rough schematic of what I want to do. The yellow markings are the snap button paddle shifter switches I am trying to incorporate into my rig.

Attachments

• FDEA2ABB-0FCD-4966-B8B9-55EC887464E5.jpeg
    FDEA2ABB-0FCD-4966-B8B9-55EC887464E5.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 50
but when I have the three wires hooked up to the microswitches a certain way that actually register with the game, it creates a power cut out to the wheel while the microswitche is being pressed and causes the game to pause
This sounds suspiciously like you are shorting the +5v to GND. Can you share a picture showing the connections?

I'd recommend using something like the following approach to help avoid the short:

1637889125550.png

You can swap the +5V and GND depending on if you want the signal to be high or low when the switch is open.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back