G27 off center by 1.2 degrees but encoder seems fine?

Hello everyone

So my trusty 3 year old g27 finally went off center by 1.22 degrees(checked via wheelcheck app) When i hold the wheel perfectly straight with my hands, it goes slightly right in game(assetto, rfactor2, iracing and pcars2)

So i carefully took apart the wheel, found the encoder(and holy ****ing hell logitech made a proper wheel, it was so hard to take apart) Looked at it, could not see a crack, looked at it via flashlight, held it under a lamp and looked up at it until i was blind. Not a thing. I don't have a magnifiying glass so i didn't do that.

Now considering the exchange rate in turkey is through the roof, i wanted to ask here first before buying the infamous brass encoder. I didn't see a crack on the encoder but some people say the crack may be too small to see just by looking at it. (this theory might be right, this issue reared its ugly head after i did some intense full lock to lock steering with the drm revival mod for a week every night, damn i love that mod)

So what to do? Should i buy the brass stuff from the dude at taiwan?

My only other option is breaking the bank and buying g29. T300 is out of my budget and i don't do used.

Oh oh i forgot to add another thing. for 3 years, my wheel used to stop dead straight after calibration. It used to calibrate and then wham! the wheel is perfectly aligned straight. But now, after this issue began, it no longer sits perfectly aligned right after calibration. It now stops slightly turned left.

Last edited:
Is it not possible to get a new encoder from Logitech? And is the G29 not nearly the same price as a T300? It is here.
1. No. Even if it was, it would probably be better to buy the longer lasting brass encoder.
2. Also sadly no. Since thrustmaster is not officially sold in turkey, i have to rely on importers. Logitech g29 officially sold(with warranty), price: 1500 turkish liras. T300 gt edition set unofficially sold, price: 2000 turkish liras (which has absolutely no warranty and we all know how reliable thrustmaster is).

Upvote 0
My G27, all of a sudden, wasn't quite centered when I would play Assetto Corsa. I found a video, just like you, saying to tighten up everything inside, and just like yours, mine was already secure. Then, I tried playing Forza 7, just to see if the wheel was straight, and it was. I tried it with GTR 2 and, again, the wheel was straight.

The long and the short of was that after uninstalling and re-installing all of my Logitech drivers, Assetto Corsa, nothing changed. I finally did a complete system refresh, wiping everything out, and voila. When I play Assetto Corsa, my wheel is now perfectly fine.

Upvote 0
Maybe the encoder is sliding through the little shaft it is in, I have made some epoxi the first time it went offcenter and never had the issue since I've done it. Just make sure to let it dry for 24-48Hours before using it again.

I'm pretty sure a G27 will keep working if a truck goes over it, the wheel is like a tank.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 282 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 190 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 192 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years