g27 not detected

hi, started up the game after about 6 months or so again and it does not recognize my g27 any more. anyone had the same problem? we have been having this g27 driver windows 10 problem for some months now and i needed to reset the drivers about six weeks back for - i think - the third time. after that g27 only works in one usb port anymore (the one i first plugged it in after i reset drivers) but does its job fine in dirt4 and iRacing. So why does RRE not detect it? I press "detect device" and nothing happens. In my wheel settings info in rre it always says "keyboard" next to the name of the setting where before it said "wheel". weird (and frustrating).

I saw a thread somewhere a couple days ago regarding this problem,I've had a search around but I can't find it in any of my haunts,I'm 99% sure the solution was to navigate to here C:\Users\YOURNAME\Documents\My Games\SimBin\RaceRoom Racing Experience\UserData\ControlSet And delete the contents,Then restart PC,Then reconnect wheel to a different USB port.

Lately I also had problems with my Logitech gamepad in R3E. Then it occured to me that it always failed to work after I had played Dirt 4. After playing Dirt 4, I have to open the Game Controllers menu in the Windows Control Panel and test the buttons in the controller properties. Then my gamepad starts working again in R3E.

My guess is that Dirt 4 somehow messes with the Logitech drivers.

Dirt 4 doesn't reset the wheel, so you have to do it manually, yeah, otherwise it does weird things in games, if it works at all. And it's not a Logitech exclusive thing either.

@dabr: yep, been through that as well, ever since they stopped supporting the G25/27. Will try that other bit mentioned above, though, because it works in iRacing and Dirt4 so it must be an RRE specific problem.
Dirt4 not resetting the wheel isn't a problem for me because I always unplug my wheel after playing and never play two different games one night because i'm too dumb to switch from one driving model to another, lol, so it always freshly set when i plug it in before playing.

Lately I also had problems with my Logitech gamepad in R3E. Then it occured to me that it always failed to work after I had played Dirt 4. After playing Dirt 4, I have to open the Game Controllers menu in the Windows Control Panel and test the buttons in the controller properties. Then my gamepad starts working again in R3E.

My guess is that Dirt 4 somehow messes with the Logitech drivers.

Same thing happens to me every single time I play Dirt 4. My G27 wont work anywhere else until I either disconnect/reconnect it, or open/close the Windows controller options.

Dirt4 not resetting the wheel isn't a problem for me because I always unplug my wheel after playing and never play two different games one night because i'm too dumb to switch from one driving model to another, lol, so it always freshly set when i plug it in before playing.
As far as my experience with Dirt 4 and DFGT/T300 goes, unplugging the wheel and re-plugging it back really doesn't matter. The only way to make the wheel respond again after playing Dirt 4 for me is to either restart Windows (sleep/hibernation doesn't work, it has to be restarted) or go into the game controllers settings, open the wheel's control panel there and then click OK and close it again.

But perhaps it's different with the G27.

I hate issues that don't seem to have any reason. If your wheel works fine elsewhere, why not in R3E? And if it's an R3E problem, then why aren't all G27 users such as myself seeing it? :O_o:

Let's try an easy one... have you tried deleting your control set files and starting from scratch?

actually, looking back, the one thing i did was: starting up from the admin account which i do not usually use for playing, wheel works fine but it does not have my settings - which are on my gaming account - so it's a pain to play, so changing to gaming account: and presto, it's there again.

I have a similar problem with AMS/rF2, no way to let them see my wheel even if win10 see it as working and perfectly functional.
After some research i discovered this:
If I launch AMS from logitech profiler...wheel work!
If I launch rF2 from profilers (as AMS) wheel doesn't work!
The funny part is that before I didn't need to use profiler or anything else to have it work...
Now I have to check this: https://steamcommunity.com/app/310560/discussions/0/483367798499039329/ , maybe works...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 201 14.8%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 520 38.4%