G27 Logitech paddle shifter missing downshifts

Does anybody else have a problem with the Logitech G27 paddle shifter missing downshifts? AC is the only sim I have so I don't know if it does it with other sims. I also don't know for sure if its the Logitech G27 or the game is causing the problem (i.e. I don't know if its a software problem or a hardware problem), but I'm fairly sure that its the shifter mechanism in the Logitech.

It seems especially troublesome if multiple shifts are needed, like 5th down to 2nd or 4th down to 1st. VERY frustrating.

I've had this type of issue a few times with my G29. I ended up needing to clean the insides of the microswitches, 1 for each paddle. Once I did that the problem went away.

Here's a video giving a good description of the problem:

In your case, you would need to find a guide in disassembling the G27 as it'll be slightly different to the G29. It can be done in about 30 minutes or so and well worth the effort.

If it is nearly always so when you downshift, this might be a paddles problem but ......
isn't it simply the downshift protection ?
Most modern cars have them to protect gearbox and engine.
AC ( and newer sims ) also has them as IRL.

If you try to downshift too early, you can't ... and that's the downshift protection.
Downshift with less rpm and it will work.

If it doesn't work ... that's your paddles then.

Thanks Paul, the problem turned out to the switches.

I took the wheel off, pulled off the printed circuit board, gave both switches a squirt with some electric contact cleaner and put it all back together.

Good as new. Thanks again.

Thanks Paul, the problem turned out to the switches.

I took the wheel off, pulled off the printed circuit board, gave both switches a squirt with some electric contact cleaner and put it all back together.

Good as new. Thanks again.

That's good to hear.

Glad you got it sorted and are up and running again. Well done mate :thumbsup:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 153 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline