G27 issues

Hi everyone.

wanted to dust off my old G27 to have some fun in GT Sport. but everything but the steering works :( wich is kinda a dealbreaker on the fun part..

from what i can tell online, i'm far from the only one experiencing problems with the G27 (G25/G29) wheel, but i feel i've tried all suggested solutions. so i thought i'd come here and ask

i've tried uninstalling the drivers, tried both the logitech tool ( joy.cpl ) and a different driver i found in a forum somewhere.
everything works except steering.
when i plug it in the wheel tries to calibrate, goes full turn right, full turn left then stays in full left. (repeats 1 or 2 times)
tried all my usb ports, 3.0 and 2.0 front and back. tried on my PS3 where the wheel worked a year ago prior to leaving the wheel in a box undisturbed untill now..
i tried taking the wheel apart and the encoder wheel is intact, cleaned it with a cotton swab, tried nudging the light diode thingie a little forward to make it easier to read the wheel placement. tried placing the encoder wheel on slightly different places on the motor bar.
tried configuring it via windows controller calibration, there all buttons and clutch works, nothing else..
also the green light diode on the gearshift unit is constantly blinking (not dim) even after it finishes the fail calibration.

is there something i'm missing?

i just want to race :(

Kind regards

SayPlease

ps. excuse my poor english, not native

I have one of these wheels and it worked for ages then started to lose alignment. Turned out there is something called a rotary encoder on the end of a motor which reports the wheel position. Not saying this is definitely it but after I replaced mine the wheel was like new again. If you are going to scrap the wheel anyway it would be worth checking if your encoder is broken. They always seem to and are just cheap plastic. It's really not that difficult to take apart, plenty of guides on the tube etc. If yours is broken then make sure to get the right kind, there are 2 types depending on age of wheel.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back