G27 issues

Hi everyone.

wanted to dust off my old G27 to have some fun in GT Sport. but everything but the steering works :( wich is kinda a dealbreaker on the fun part..

from what i can tell online, i'm far from the only one experiencing problems with the G27 (G25/G29) wheel, but i feel i've tried all suggested solutions. so i thought i'd come here and ask

i've tried uninstalling the drivers, tried both the logitech tool ( joy.cpl ) and a different driver i found in a forum somewhere.
everything works except steering.
when i plug it in the wheel tries to calibrate, goes full turn right, full turn left then stays in full left. (repeats 1 or 2 times)
tried all my usb ports, 3.0 and 2.0 front and back. tried on my PS3 where the wheel worked a year ago prior to leaving the wheel in a box undisturbed untill now..
i tried taking the wheel apart and the encoder wheel is intact, cleaned it with a cotton swab, tried nudging the light diode thingie a little forward to make it easier to read the wheel placement. tried placing the encoder wheel on slightly different places on the motor bar.
tried configuring it via windows controller calibration, there all buttons and clutch works, nothing else..
also the green light diode on the gearshift unit is constantly blinking (not dim) even after it finishes the fail calibration.

is there something i'm missing?

i just want to race :(

Kind regards

SayPlease

ps. excuse my poor english, not native

Hmm.. odd.. possibly a failed unit? One thing you could try is to fully remove the drivers and assignments of the USB ports etc.

Go to Device Manager, select view/show hidden devices and then go find any G27 entries you might have in the list. Remove them all and them try reinstalling the driver software again. You're installing the old legacy 'Logitech Profiler' for the wheel right?!

Upvote 0
Hi SayPlease,

Is the G27 plugged into a usb 1 or 2 port? Mine would not work in a usb 3 port.

Also under profiler / settings I had to reduce the Overall effects strenth, spring effects strenth, Damper effects strenth to zero, otherwise the wheel would jerk about when the buttons were pressed.

J

Upvote 0
using the 5.10.127 drivers, also tried another one, the driver version number eludes me though..
the wheel shows up as "G27 Racing Wheel USB) under "User Controlled Input Devices" the first tab in device manager. not under game controllers. the sockets are idiot proofed, they only connect one way :D so even i can manage :D also shows up as a copy with (HID) in the end

Upvote 0
tried power cycling, also no effect, wheel does calibration at pc startup, but fails to center, no working steering in logitech tool, no ffb nothing beyond the failed calibration :(

Upvote 0
Could it be the power supply?

Also this found on reddit:

LogitechG_CSFrank

1 point·1 year ago

Kindly try these steps below and see if it help fixes the issue.
• Power cycle the device.
  1. Unplug the wheel from the power supply and computer.
  2. Unplug the pedals from the wheel.
  3. Wait for 15 seconds before reconnecting the pedals to the wheel.
  4. Reconnect the wheel to the computer and power supply.
  5. Test and observe if the issue is gone.
• In Windows platform, there's a way to re-calibrate your Racing Wheel through the Game Controllers Settings section. Here's how:
  1. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sounds > Devices and Printers.
  2. Right-click on the Logitech USB wheel.
  3. Select "Game Controller Settings".
  4. Press CTRL + SHIFT + Left click on Properties.
  5. Go to the Settings tab.
  6. Click on "Calibrate" and follow the on-screen instructions.
• Check the functionality of the device through JOY.CPL
  1. Press Windows + R then type joy.cpl to open the Windows Game Controller settings.
  2. Click Properties. This will open a new window that displays a picture of the wheel.
  3. Turn the wheel and check if a button on the wheel interface gets highlighted.
  4. Test the paddle shifter and buttons and check if it is highlighted on the wheel interface.

Upvote 0
@Mikael Krone. Yeah i've tried that guide ☹ but thanks anyway for trying to Help. as i stated in post above, i tried all steps, and even windows config tool didnt work properly :(

@jakburn2029

• Softwareversion: 5.10.127
  • Sidste opdatering: 2010-03-30
  • Operativsystem: Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP (eller ældre), Windows 10
  • Filstørrelse: 15.3 MB
64 bit.

i'm on windows 10 64 bit

Upvote 0
but i'm beginning to think that since it doesnt work on my PS3, its gotta be hardware related. cause that is pure plug and play.

does the wheel begin calibration if the power supply is malfunctioning?
also the green light on the gearshift is constantly flashing (not dim, as suggested in some reddit posts)

Tried writing Logitech support, but no answer for 1½ week >.<

Upvote 0
Hi SayPlease,

Have a look here: Last chance Third post down, by shedz.

it's a later driver from 2010.

A faulty powerpack would produce those symptoms though. Might be worth asking around your area to see if you can borrow one to confirm.

Green led flashing just means it has not completed it's start cycle.

Upvote 0
So i just had the powersupply meassuered. it delivers a constant 23.6v

Looks like the wheel is headed for the scrap yard ☹️ thanks to everyone for contributing though, really appreciate it.

Upvote 0
So i just had the powersupply meassuered. it delivers a constant 23.6v

Looks like the wheel is headed for the scrap yard ☹ thanks to everyone for contributing though, really appreciate it.

Don't waste it just yet... you could perhaps retrofit it to DD...

Look here:

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back