DiRT Rally 2.0 G27 FFB settings

Hello my rally friends,
please share your best ffb settings specialy for G27 if you have some decent settings allready. I mean logitech profiler settings and in game settings too. THX for all your experience!! Have a nice ride.

I am just looking for something like LAR555 setup.... I was so excited to this game but when i try it i must say the FFB default options feel so wierd for me. LAR555 setup on Dirt Rally was just beautifull and theese default settings are so far from that feel. Thx for all your tips and tricks guys :p

So as a lover of LAR555 and a G27 owner, the best FFB results i've had was following Grumps guide but for FFB force i set it to 9.0 and then i copied his in game settings except for Self Aligning Torque, I set that to 50. It still needs some tweaking but i thought it made a huge difference.

i used the default button in logitech profiler ( but 270 degrees rotation is default, i put that back to 900 obviously ) And ingame i only lowered the first option to 80, self alignment thingy? Ingame, i dropped the steering rotation to 720 ish. Gives me still a lot of rotation and precision but i don't have to throw around the steering as much as irl.
I experimented with editing the device file ( ffb force 1or 3 or 6). But i did nothing good for my g27. Putting the profiler device options back to default did more for me. Some parts of the roads, there is just not a lot of ffb coming from the game. ( i compared the feeling to my volvo 240 on a dirt road, where there is also no feel in the wheel unless i am hitting holes in the road or under/oversteering but that is no rally car :) )

Volvo 240 - great car!
42273a05d53825afe946cd9331c57e7a.jpg

For shure CM need to fix the FFB , they may have add most of the wheels to be found on the current market , but once you look at the input XML file only a handful have more than a few setting added.
With most of use using cut and paste to mess with the stock setting .

It is almost like the first version of Dirt Rally with its very odd center heavy steering .
I started off with 0.5 for the FFB input file then tried 1.0 but that is far worse , now at 0.9 .

But it is still not right , I have dropped most of the sliders in game in a attempt to get rid of the center steer feel , surface feedback is vague that can only be fix via an update I would imagine .

I was wondering if anyone has tried copying and pasting lines in from Dirt 4's input file to see if that works or is even possible to do so, I am not at home now so I have not even looked into that option yet. I like the game though very much but CM always seem not be able to grasps how FFB works even though they fixed most of those issues back in DR1

Last edited:
but once you look at the input XML file only a handful have more than a few setting added.
You can be almost certain that if a device doesn't have certain parameter defined, it is simply using the default value for that parameter, which are documented in the same file. That's usually how these things work - you only have to specify parameters when they are different from defaults.

FWIW, these settings from HUGHS1E at gtplanet, which I use for my G25 (with no added force values to the device_defines file). Are the best I've tried yet after a month or so of trial and error.

Attachments

• HUGHS1E DiRT Rally 2.0 Adv Set.JPG
    HUGHS1E DiRT Rally 2.0 Adv Set.JPG
    89.6 KB · Views: 1,664
  • HUGHS1E DiRT Rally 2.0 Vibr and Feedbk.JPG
    HUGHS1E DiRT Rally 2.0 Vibr and Feedbk.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 1,039
Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%