F1 2010 G27 FFB fix?

F1 2010 The Game (Codemasters)
I have always had problems in games and FFB with the g27. In F1 2010 when I drive the wheel turns itself if I have too high FFB settings. I think it feels as he describes it here : http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming/G27-Force-feedback-issue-in-game-s/td-p/401463 but I dont know any fix for F1 2010. I tested rFactor f1 2011 mods and had the same problems there but there I found a fix for that called "Real FFB Plugin 0.92" http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Real Feel FFB Plugin and after apply that to rfactor it felt awesome and how the FFB should be no matter how high the settings was, even felt the car on the straight. So I wonder if there are any similiar fix for f1 2010, it is very boring actually to play this game again when I had the nice FFB in rFactor :)

Thx in advance

My friend runs a G27 with all default FFB settings and it works fine. Try setting your F1 FFB to default and mess with the logitech drivers. Also, check that your power chord is FULLY plugged in the wheel. When mine comes loose it randomly looses FFB.

Your FFB issue is similar to my problem in rFactor. The wheel would turn inward on a turn rather than the other way. I think I read somewhere that it is because newer Logitech wheels have 2 motors that sometimes screw each other up. I fixed it by reversing the wheel motors in rFactor, but unfortunately there is no setting to do so in F1 2010. Try checking some config files to reverse the motors. Or I could be wrong.

I have no real comparison to say whether my FFB is right or wrong. Only played Dirt2 and F1 with the G27 - I think it feels better in Dirt, but the games are chalk and cheese really.

One thing I do know - I certainly expected the FFB effects to be 'better' and give more feel than they actually do. Maybe my expectations were too high, or maybe F1 isnt using it to its potential. I mean, its not as if Codies have maintained the game beyond 1.01 patch, and I would have thought FFB (and crossfire) optimisation could be improved greatly.

Ive tried a number of different peoples setups for it and they all seem pretty much the same apart from the strength, rather than the effects.

Not played it, but I saw the guide on how to improve FFB in rFactor and it made my head hurt!!

I certainly plan to have a crack at rFactor 2 when it arrives so maybe that will put things into perspective.
After playing the demo of Factor2 that was released here on RD back on 1st April, it certainly got me moist with excitement for the full release. :D

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back