F1 2012 G27 control settings save file

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I would like to change the mapping of the Brake pedal to the Clutch pedal on my G27. This can be done in game, with no problem, however, I'd like to know where it is being saved to.

The purpose is that I may assign the pedals over, to find out the axisName of the clutch pedal, so that I can write this in the "G27 racing wheel.xml" file and hardwire it to the G27 config.

Or, failing this, does anyone know the axis name for the clutch pedal on a G27?

The other option would be to swap the pedals over on the logitch profiler, however, the profiler does not have options for the clutch pedal.

I tried this but couldn't find the right name. I looked at the name when you program clutch pedal in game, and tried it in the xml file. It didn't work, so I tried variations on the name, with xxxxxxx_1 and xxxxxxx_0. Again no. (The xxxxxx's represent the name, it's just I have forgot what name I tried. Something like 'inverse_r_slider' or something like that)

I think the config is stored in the profile somewhere, it definitely does not create a config file anywhere.

This is why it important that after you have edited the G27's xml file, you should change your controller in game (to keyboard for example), then change it back to the default G27 (not custom). This way the game will re-read the G27's xml file, and your remappings will work.

When I get the chance, I might try and find the wheel's config file in GSC or Race 07, just to see what the clutch pedal is called at the device level.

Whoohoo!

Found it by trial and error ...... ummmm mostly error :)

The XML file is case sensitive, I had the correct characters, but not the correct case.

To map the Brakes to the Clutch Pedal, edit the Brake setting in the G27's actionmap xml file to :-

Code:
  <Action actionName="Brake">
    <Axis axisName="win_con_di_axisSlider1" deviceName="046dc29b" baseCalibration="uniDirectionalNegative" deadZone="0" saturation="1.0" />
  </Action>

It is critical that it's axisSlider1 ..... axisslider1 will fail.

I had already tried :-

axisslider
axisslider0
axisslider1
axisslider2
axisslider_0
axisslider_1
axisslider_2
slideraxis
slideraxis0
slideraxis1
slideraxis2
slideraxis_0
slideraxis_1
slideraxis_2
slider
slider1
slider2
slider_0
slider_1
slider_2
axisSlider
axisSlider0

Was starting to get pissed off by this stage, but got lucky on the next hit..... :thumbsup:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back