G25 upgrade route

Discussion in 'Sim Racing Hardware' started by Barracuda 318, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Barracuda 318

Barracuda 318

Ratings:
    +10
    just looking for advice and/or opinions on upgrading my trusty old G25
    I have already traded the stock shifter for a TH8A, and the stock pedals for a set of Fanatec CLR Elite with load cell brake, and now I am looking at replacing the wheel base, I guess a T300 would be stronger and smoother than what I have, but I keep thinking about looking for used a TS-PC or Fanatec CSL, 2.5, 2.0, or even 1.0 if its cheap enough, or do I keep using keep my G25 and save up for somethin new? (I have no issue with used equipment, my gamming PC is built from old junk I got off CL:D)

Last edited: Sep 9, 2018
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Fatalist88

Fatalist88
    Premium

Ratings:
    +27
    Just go OSW if you're you've got the cash and feel sim racing will continue to be a hobby.

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. Barracuda 318

Barracuda 318

Ratings:
    +10
    if I had the cash, a full motion rig would be nice
    then again for that much $$$$ I could get another real car:geek:
    not looking to spend more than necessary, I think I would go VR before DD
    and jumping from a G25, even a Club Sport 2.5 base would be overkill

4. Fatalist88

Fatalist88
    Premium

Ratings:
    +27
    Ha okay. A budget is always nice to work with.

Knowing you have pedals and a nice shifter I'd be looking at a Clubsport Wheel Base.

For a long time they where deemed to be the best. Since OSWs have come along I've noticed Clubsport Bases have dropped down in price - however not the rims.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Barracuda 318

Barracuda 318

Ratings:
    +10
    yea, the cost of Fanatec rims is really the deal breaker for me,
    I like that I can get a cheap adapter for a Thrustmaster base, and bolt any old wheel I have sitting around onto it
    but I would still prefer Fanatec base I think, just not sure I can justify the cost

6. Daniel oliver

Daniel oliver

Ratings:
    +10
    This ^ I was in the same situation as you, I went t150>t300 then I thought about a fanatec 2.5 with a rim which would set me back £800 but I couldn't stomach paying that much for a belt driven wheel. So in the end I said **** it and went all out and got a simplicity 20nm osw, ascher racing C26l button box and motamec 32 cm rim, all in it was about £1600:confused: but now iam so glad I spent the extra on the wheel I wanted. Now I have the best and that nagging sense of what if is no more.:thumbsup:

7. Barracuda 318

Barracuda 318

Ratings:
    +10
    yea, I don't want to get a T300, then wish I had gotten a CSL base an P1 rim,
    but I am not going to pay for a new club sport 2.5 base and rim,
    once you go over $500 you get into real car parts territory,

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. LoeVG

LoeVG

Ratings:
    +22
    $50 is also car parts territory... :p

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.