G25 upgrade route

just looking for advice and/or opinions on upgrading my trusty old G25
I have already traded the stock shifter for a TH8A, and the stock pedals for a set of Fanatec CLR Elite with load cell brake, and now I am looking at replacing the wheel base, I guess a T300 would be stronger and smoother than what I have, but I keep thinking about looking for used a TS-PC or Fanatec CSL, 2.5, 2.0, or even 1.0 if its cheap enough, or do I keep using keep my G25 and save up for somethin new? (I have no issue with used equipment, my gamming PC is built from old junk I got off CL:D)

Last edited:
if I had the cash, a full motion rig would be nice
then again for that much $$$$ I could get another real car:geek:
not looking to spend more than necessary, I think I would go VR before DD
and jumping from a G25, even a Club Sport 2.5 base would be overkill

Upvote 0
Ha okay. A budget is always nice to work with.

Knowing you have pedals and a nice shifter I'd be looking at a Clubsport Wheel Base.

For a long time they where deemed to be the best. Since OSWs have come along I've noticed Clubsport Bases have dropped down in price - however not the rims.

Upvote 0
yea, the cost of Fanatec rims is really the deal breaker for me,
I like that I can get a cheap adapter for a Thrustmaster base, and bolt any old wheel I have sitting around onto it
but I would still prefer Fanatec base I think, just not sure I can justify the cost

Upvote 0
Just go OSW if you're you've got the cash and feel sim racing will continue to be a hobby.
This ^ I was in the same situation as you, I went t150>t300 then I thought about a fanatec 2.5 with a rim which would set me back £800 but I couldn't stomach paying that much for a belt driven wheel. So in the end I said **** it and went all out and got a simplicity 20nm osw, ascher racing C26l button box and motamec 32 cm rim, all in it was about £1600:confused: but now iam so glad I spent the extra on the wheel I wanted. Now I have the best and that nagging sense of what if is no more.:thumbsup:

Upvote 0
yea, I don't want to get a T300, then wish I had gotten a CSL base an P1 rim,
but I am not going to pay for a new club sport 2.5 base and rim,
once you go over $500 you get into real car parts territory,

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back