G25 upgrade: G29 worth it?

Hello,

I want to upgrade from my G25 and I'm thinking about replacing it by a G29. Is there a big difference between the two or should I stay with my G25? If you don't think the G29 is a good option, then what wheel+pedal+shifter set would you recommend me getting for under ~ € 330?

Thanks for your time.

The G25 was wonderful. The G29 is almost as good. Really. If you want to upgrade, you are gonna have to leave the Logitech family. My suggestion: Keep the G25 and purchase fanatec clubsport v3 pedals with the BPK (Brake performance kit). The pedals are not as convenient as yours because they will be a separate device but with those pedals or an equivalent loadcell set you will likely trim significant time off your laps.

Upvote 0
The G25 was wonderful. The G29 is almost as good. Really. If you want to upgrade, you are gonna have to leave the Logitech family. My suggestion: Keep the G25 and purchase fanatec clubsport v3 pedals with the BPK (Brake performance kit). The pedals are not as convenient as yours because they will be a separate device but with those pedals or an equivalent loadcell set you will likely trim significant time off your laps.

Thanks for the reply, but for me that's just too much money for a set of pedals. I was thinking of getting a wheel+shifter+pedal set that is a little bit better in everything compared to the G25. But as you said and as I saw on some online reviews, the G25 is almost the same as the G29. The next option is the T300RS GT but it's also too expensive for me. Since it seems that buying a better wheel is not an option anymore I was thinking of buying a brake mod. But that's also ridiculous, the GTEYE spring costs $30 when it's literally just a $5 spring. Is it worth getting the $30 brake mod or should I just save money(maybe buy the GT Omega Pro chair)? Are there any good pedal upgrades that are cheaper?

Thanks for your time.

Upvote 0
Getting load cells pedals will certainly be a game changer: they rely on pressure more than position so it is much easier to build muscle memory. I don't think a spring mod will be any close. You'll be a tad faster but more important a lot more consistent with a load cell brake.
I replaced a (crappy) Thrustmaster 2 pedals set with Fanatec Elite LC pedals 2 years ago, that was a really worth upgrade! The G25 pedals are better than the basic TM ones (and I never tried them) but I guess it'll make a difference too. Those are cheaper than the V3. And you now have the Thrustmaster T-LCM in a similar price range, with very good reviews. Maybe a bit pricier than what you had in mind for pedals but you should consider those if you're happy with your wheel. You will get a coherent package with any of those 2 I think.

Upvote 0
Last edited:
Upvote 0
Do a load cell mod on the G25 pedals, makes so much difference. I did it on my G25 for about £50 using GeekyDeaks 3d print design, and that includes ~£30 for the Bodnar module which is optional if you can make your own PCB.

Locoblade what board of Bodnar's are you talking about. Iam also trying to build a load cell projecto for my G25 setup.

Upvote 0
There are two to choose from:

and

The first one is a bit more flexible in that it's got a bunch of inputs you could use for a shifter or button box, but it's slightly lower resolution at 12bits. Pretty sure you wouldn't notice though :)

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 291 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing