G25 stutters

Has anyone who still uses the G25/27 having issues like me
When Using my wheel i don't get smooth animation, it stutters and suddenly jolts the force feedback as if being hit by another car. I use 540 in game and same in my logitech profiler. Not had this problem ever in this game until a few weeks ago. Hope i have explained this properly. If i use the wheel and just steer for example around a corner the wheel will move as i do then suddenly just stutter like a micro freeze and as said my FFB nocks the wheel

I have a G27 and don't have this issue. However, one of the recent patches did break the auto-lock feature which sets your physical wheel to match the rotation of the car you're driving. Perhaps it's related? Many people seem to need an older version of the profiler to fix these issues, but for me I need to latest version. (I seem to be the only one.)

Try this - delete your R3E profile in the Logitech Profiler, so that the game uses the GLOBAL profile. That's what fixed the rotation problem for me, so perhaps it will fix your issue too.

Yeah, also Creators update once again overwrites the Logitech drivers I believe, even if you have the driver updates turned off in Windows, so it might be related. I can detect this easily with my DFGT since when Windows installs the "updated" drivers for my wheel, the profiler no longer sees it as a DFGT, but thinks it's actually a Driving Force Pro, but it might not be as obvious with a G25.

Thank you for all advise, i will do as Ross Garland suggests and report back here. I am in two minds now about upgrading to a new wheel but i have done such a lot of mods to my G25, Brass encoder, Quick release system, and my completely modded SRW-S1 wheel Fitted with an sli-m dash. How much longer can we go on with that clunking noise?

@Ross Garland. Ok i have tried as you suggested and deleted the profile but it still stutters, but what i have found out as i was testing is, i wasn't using my modded F1 style rim as i was before, i had the G25 rim on and because of that the game kept telling me that one of your usb devices is missing, to me that meant that my SRW-S1 rim was not attached to my wheel there for the SLI-M rev lights and the buttons, (18 i think) device was missing. As soon as i attached the F1 rim the problem has gone. I took the F1 rim back of and re-attached the G25 rim back on and again the game informed me i had a usb device missing and yes the wheel animation was stuttery. This is now useful to me and others who come across this problem with there G25/27 wheels. I don't know why the game would behave in this fashion but hay atleast i have sorted it out, and i hope it helps others who might come across this problem

Last edited:
That is indeed very odd. I could understand the "USB device missing" messing up your controller settings, but I don't get how it makes your wheel stuttery. :O_o: Still, I'm glad you worked it out. :thumbsup:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 350 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%