G25 Seq Shift sometimes registers double upshift on upshift - How can I fix this?

Hi all. I've had my G25 for a few years now and the shifter is starting to play up :(. Basically, when I'd be driving with the shifter in sequential mode, I'd have a situation where sometimes I'd get a double upshift (e.g.: 4th, 6th) so there is something wrong in the shifter. I opened it up after seeing a few videos and read a little but after taking it all apart and removing the shaft from the casing, I couldn't determine where the micro switches are. I could see a white plastic base at the bottom of the metal shaft so are the micro switches in that? How do I remove them so that I can put in new switches? Also, what micro switch part would you recommend for replacement? Thanks.

Thanks Knut for the suggestion. I'm using the shifter in RaceRoom Racing Experience 3 Open Beta.

I dont have RRRRE, but in rFactor the option can be found in the *.PLR file:
Repeat Shifts="0" // 0 = no repeat shift detection, 1 = detect and eliminate accidental repeat shifts, 2 = prevent shifting again before previous shift is completed
Maybe something similar is available in RRRE

Upvote 0
Funnily enough it was something I fought for in the code in Simbin titles years ago to no avail, to this date the few moments of code it would take to fix it is still not present afaik.....

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing