G25 problem - set to 360 in XP but still 900 in RACE?

Connor Caple

Slowest Racer in Town...
I set my G25 to 360 degrees in the drivers/Logitech software (advanced FF page) but when I was driving just now in RACE it was doing 900 degrees of steering.

I checked the wheel settings in RACE and even went back to the default G25 profile and it's still the same. I tried adjusting the steering sensitivity from 50% up to 100% and it still turns 900 degrees when I drive.

I know it's probably realistic, but it wasn't doing this last night in the race and I can't make it stop! :waiting:

I can adjust to it if I have to, but has anyone got any idea what is wrong? In the 'test wheel' page in RACE it locks at 360 like it's supposed to, but as soon as I start a time attack it's back to 900 :glasses-nerdy: (Makes getting round that first bend at Barc2003 'interesting')

So in the drivers you're setting it to 360? Seems a weird problem you have there - tried unticking allow game to adjust settings?

You would actually be better off keeping it at 900 and running 27-30 deg lock ingame. That gives a realistic steering ratio and means you shouldn't have any problems with tyre wear. You should also run the FFB like this:

Untitled1212.jpg

Thanks, James. I'll try those settings after tea.

My driver looks different to that picture, I'll maybe need an update as mine is the 5.0 version.

I'll look for those settings and match them as best I can though :monkey:

Thanks, James. I'll try those settings after tea.

My driver looks different to that picture, I'll maybe need an update as mine is the 5.0 version.

I'll look for those settings and match them as best I can though :monkey:

Probably looks different because I'm on a newer driver and Vista and you said you're on XP.

Go grab the newest drivers off their site - worth having.

Stuck the new drivers in and RACE seems to be listening to the windows setting atm.

I tried the 900 degrees with the full 28 deg lock setting on the car (Mini) and it still had too much wheel turn for that track! Barca 2003 is a beast if you have to move the wheel that much, I bet the WTCC teams reduce the amount of wheel movement :)

The problem I find is unwinding the steering from almost full lock in a couple of the corners throws me across the track when it 'snaps' back - hehe. Anyone on my left at that point would be in the barriers...

I'm all for realism, but I don't want to ruin someone else's race in my pursuit of it :p

MMmmm Interesting post... I'm off to try a few settings, cheers fellas.

Currently got mine set at 400 degrees with the steering lock set at 20 and it seems quite nice.

Not had the game, or wheels that long so I'm stil tinkering. It all helps :)

With those settings (900/28) the maximum you should need to turn is about 140 deg in either direction - obviously you'll need more at Macau. Few others to try: 540/18 and 720/24.5 :)

Hmmm... well, I was turning the wheel way more than 140deg on a couple of the corners at Barca '03 earlier. I realise the maths would indicate that you are correct, but my wheel/PC/RACE don't seem to be any good at maths :alien2:

On the first corner I was turning the wheel closer to 270 degrees and then having trouble unwinding it smoothly.

I went in and set up 360/21 and that seems to be working for me at the moment, but I am open to experimenting. I can hear more wheel squeal with this setting as it is obviously harsh, but even there I am turning the wheel 140 degrees in a place or two.:sidefrown:

Maybe my game is broken...:struggle:

Since I am still in the process of figuring things out regarding wheel rotation and steering lock I can only post the figures I am using atm.

CAR.............................WHEEL ROTATION....................STEERING LOCK
WTCC 06/07......................540*.................................18-22*
F3000...............................400*.................................17-19*
RADICALS..........................792...................................38*
WTCC 87...........................900*.................................24-27*
FBMW...............................450*.................................20*
F1 05................................540*.................................19-22*
CATERHAMS.......................792*.................................38*
MINI..................................900*.................................28*
GT CARS/DTM/V8'.................540*.................................18-22*
RMI SUPERCARS......…...........900*.................................30-34*
PORSCHE 996.......................900*.................................29.5*
ROAD CARS..........................900*.................................30-34*

I found this together with a FFB guide posted on simracing. Hope this will help you to get an idea.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 339 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 172 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%