WRC8 G25 configuration issues

Just for once I'd like a rally simulation where there aren't any problems with configuring wheels or without hours of configuration necessary.

My G25 is being detected by the game (well at times it is anyway) but I can't make any adjustments. Everything is greyed out and I'm just getting an annoying sound effect when I try to click it. It works in so far as I can choose "keyboard" and then I can asign the buttons or pedals I want to use. Everything I have connected to my computer is being detected (G25, TH8A and X52).

However the wheel pretty much behaves like a keyboard concerning steering and/or braking/throttle. When I turn the wheel it's like pressing a button on the keyboard. There is no amount of steering as such but rather a "it turns or it doesn't" feel to it. And whatever amount of rotation I configure in the setting or in the profiler software - it stays the same. Doesn't matter which parameter I change the car is pretty much undriveable. Just zigzagging right to left to right. I set everthing to zero and than to 150 and the resukt was 100 % the same. No way to even make a smooth turn. Wheel behaves like a keyboard and next time I load the game it's so firm I can't even move it. And the worst thing - configuration is not being saved. I have to start from scratch every time I start the game. Re-installed the game twice to no avail.

I went through several settings I found online and it didn't change a thing. And I can't find a sollution. I started the game through steam as well as with profiler. It can't be Logitech as such since there are tons of vides from guys using them. Maybe just g25 not supported ?

It's frustating to say the least especially since every other sim I play never shows any of those issues. It's always the rally sims, be it Dirt or now WRC franchise, that proofs to be difficult to configure.
If anyone has any suggestion I'd really appreciate a reply.

Thanks.

Just for once I'd like a rally simulation where there aren't any problems with configuring wheels or without hours of configuration necessary.

My G25 is being detected by the game (well at times it is anyway) but I can't make any adjustments. Everything is greyed out and I'm just getting an annoying sound effect when I try to click it. It works in so far as I can choose "keyboard" and then I can asign the buttons or pedals I want to use. Everything I have connected to my computer is being detected (G25, TH8A and X52).

However the wheel pretty much behaves like a keyboard concerning steering and/or braking/throttle. When I turn the wheel it's like pressing a button on the keyboard. There is no amount of steering as such but rather a "it turns or it doesn't" feel to it. And whatever amount of rotation I configure in the setting or in the profiler software - it stays the same. Doesn't matter which parameter I change the car is pretty much undriveable. Just zigzagging right to left to right. I set everthing to zero and than to 150 and the resukt was 100 % the same. No way to even make a smooth turn. Wheel behaves like a keyboard and next time I load the game it's so firm I can't even move it. And the worst thing - configuration is not being saved. I have to start from scratch every time I start the game. Re-installed the game twice to no avail.

I went through several settings I found online and it didn't change a thing. And I can't find a sollution. I started the game through steam as well as with profiler. It can't be Logitech as such since there are tons of vides from guys using them. Maybe just g25 not supported ?

It's frustating to say the least especially since every other sim I play never shows any of those issues. It's always the rally sims, be it Dirt or now WRC franchise, that proofs to be difficult to configure.
If anyone has any suggestion I'd really appreciate a reply.

Thanks.
FinFan... on YouTube it's ok... - :whistling: -

FinFan... on YouTube it's ok... - :whistling: -
Could you specify, please. What is OK ?

I've only seen vids from people playing with G29 or G920. I still know no one with a G25 who plays WRC8. After four days of trying to make the wheel work and lots of research I have given up. I have no solution and honestly, your comment isn't helping, either.

Could you specify, please. What is OK ?

I've only seen vids from people playing with G29 or G920. I still know no one with a G25 who plays WRC8. After four days of trying to make the wheel work and lots of research I have given up. I have no solution and honestly, your comment isn't helping, either.
Hi, FinFan...

Aw.. I Could swear, that I saw one guy with a G27 playing WRCB,

OTOH it's very easy to make that mistake from low quality Youtube.
So I thought... If they used some kind of Hub, was unclear.
Sorry, all this is my mistake, maybe.
. and your mistake is this :

* You did not mention in your in First Post, that you still did not know of any one who had success with G25 in WRCB . This you saying now. *

If you said that, I would not have a reason, to try to help you. Because I would know by then, that you would be the only one on this Planet, to play this Game with that specific Wheel. Right ?!

Next, in a attempt to help You :

Find and look in the Game's manual for a List of supported Wheels.

Next : some Games or systems, have the - problem with * too many USB things connected at the same time *
Having either of these two issues or both, is un-known.
Good luck FinFan, hope you fix it,
in the end.

Because I would know by then, that you would be the only one on this Planet, to play this Game with that specific Wheel. Right ?!
My G25 is being detected by the game (well at times it is anyway) but I can't make any adjustments.

I play WRC9, Dirt Rally 2.0 and Dirt3 with a G25, I wouldn't think 8 is different.
It’s been so long since I configured it that I can't remember what I did, (all my settings were saved) but if I can get to my pc later I'll see if that jogs my memory.
One thing, try in game unplugging then replugging the wheel.
I can confirm that it's not intuitive to set up but it does work.

I play WRC9, Dirt Rally 2.0 and Dirt3 with a G25, I wouldn't think 8 is different.
It’s been so long since I configured it that I can't remember what I did, (all my settings were saved) but if I can get to my pc later I'll see if that jogs my memory.
Sure, try again FinFan.. I'll wait.

btw that sound you hear, may come from your OS detecting some glitch in some USB port, having some equipment connected.
Next : check USB ports...

(Edit : lol scrolling.. Sorry sorry Kenny Paton. comment below..)

Last edited:
Yes Kenny, that USB plugging dance is related to the Logitech Manager,
creating / moving the config file.
I'm using the old v5.21 for my Momo.
Zero problem with that on W7x64.
I also have a bit broken G27 detected ok.
Real nice of you to try to help FinFan. Thank you.

First of all, thanks to the both of you for trying to help. Much appreciated.

Find and look in the Game's manual for a List of supported Wheels.
There is no manual in the game directory, none available through Steam and I found none online. I did come across a site that listed the G25 as supported for WRC 8. Unfortunately I can't remember the page because I checked dozens and don't remember.

Next : some Games or systems, have the - problem with * too many USB things connected at the same time *
I have my wheel, shifter, a Joystick. the keyboard and mouse connected. That are basically the essentials to play and/or run the system. I will try to disconnect the Joystick to see if that changes anything.

No, it didn't.

btw that sound you hear, may come from your OS detecting some glitch in some USB port, having some equipment connected.
No, it's an in game sound telling me that the setting I try to click is not available.

I did. The game recognizes the wheel being disconnected and re-connected but still not able to adjust anything.

Zwischenablage01a.jpg

I tried with or without Logitech Profiler (version 5.10.127) doesn't make any difference. I even tried every other Logitech software I could find but those don't even detect the wheel at all. Let me emphasis the wheel itself is fine. It works in every other sim I play including three Dirt titles, AC, Truck Sims, Mudrunner, NASCAR and RR.

So either I'm too stupid (could be, who knows) or it's a specific issue with this game.

I'm assuming that there's no difference between 8 and 9, but I can't get on my pc atm as my grandchildren are occupying it.
In your game controller setting have got the "let the game control" box ticked?

I have this, once my wheel was recognised I went to setting and with a combo of keyboard and wheel buttons got it working. I'm pretty sure it autosaved my settings and works when I fire it up.
Untitled.jpg

Are you getting this screen and what version of Windows are you running? I'm on 10.
Hope that helps.

Last edited:
Are you getting this screen and what version of Windows are you running? I'm on 10.
Hope that helps.
Win 10, too.

I can assign the G25 buttons to the keyboard settings. But then, like I mentioned, it also behaves as I'm using the keyboard. I turn the wheel in any direction and it seem to be going fully into that direction. If I'm trying to compensate by turning the other way it does the same, thus I'm zig-zagging over the road. The input seems to be digital instead of analog. It's either there or it isn't.

If I choose the G25 wheel from the menu, in theory it works. But I can't make any adjustments to the forces that are transferred through the wheel. It is stiff around the center as if the spring has 200 %. I can make adjustments when on keyboard but those aren't saved.

It might be a driver problem of some kind. Pretty sure something on my side that is in conflict with the game. At this point I've accepted it won't work. If I get a new wheel someday I'll try again ;)

Thanks a lot for trying to help.

Last edited:
Not sure where to find the driver info.
My profiler Version is 5.10.127 Date 06/14/2010
Checking for updates produces no result. Same with all the other links in profiler. Product support for G25 is about dead for quite some time.
I tried the newer Logitech Software but those don't even recognize the wheel.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 286 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%