G25 and Deadzone

I had a search to see if this has been reported with no luck, so here goes...

I had been having issues driving any of the FWD WTCC cars. Upon exiting a corning and feeding the power they would lurch towards the outer edge of the corner. I spent a fair while tweaking setup to try and cure this until while sitting in the garage before pulling out, I very gently pushed the accelerator to find that I had in the region of a 60% deadzone on the throttle.

Clearly this was the factor behind the erratic lurching. I then had fun and games trying to find the deadzone settings. Apparently they are only accessible when not in any kind of practice/race. So once I found them, imagine my disappointment to find they were set to 0% already.

I tried to fiddle with the .rsc files but with no luck. I finally just decided to closedown the Logitech Profiler and that fixed the problem!! I now have a wonderfully progressive throttle and knocked 2 secs off my laptime at Brno.

You may need to fiddle with the FFB settings in the Windows -> Control Panel -> Game Controllers as mine stopped working without the Profiler running

I hope this may help someone else :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 84 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 60 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 67 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 40 6.1%
  • < 5 years