G&J Kartway

G&J Kartway v0.4.2

Login or Register an account to download this content
ohyeah2389 submitted a new resource:

G&J Kartway - Photogrammetry Edition - This is a model of G&J Kartway for KRP.

This is a model of G&J Kartway for KRP. I used a drone (DJI Mini 2) and photogrammetry technology (Meshroom) to scan the track, and then I modeled it in Blender. Only the track and the immediate surrounding area have been modeled, none of the rest of the track has, mainly due to my poor modeling skills. It should be fine for hotlapping and training purposes.

Originally opened in 1958 as a dirt track, G&J Kartway is one of the US's oldest operational karting tracks and was the founding place...

Read more about this resource...

ohyeah2389 updated G&J Kartway with a new update entry:

Update v0.3.5 - Lots of custom models and details added

I added a ton of custom details and models for buildings and trackside objects. I also expanded the track mesh to cover the area around the track. There have also been some minor changes to the turtles and the track mesh in some areas.
View attachment 512582
View attachment 512583
View attachment 512584
View attachment 512585
There's also a new cover photo.
View attachment 512586

Read the rest of this update entry...

New version with new surface, but with no scenery yet

I've been working on a new version with a totally redone surface based on a reprocessing of the old data in another better photogrammetry software (RealityCapture). In addition, the new version will include better buildings, cleaned ground textures, and other improvements.

However, it's taking a while to get all the old scenery items into the new file, as I am trying to improve them as I replace them.

I still want to release new versions though, so the new versions will be released under...

Update v0.4.2 - Back to feature parity with some new models and some old ones

I've ported all the old models back into the new surface version, updating a few along the way. Some buildings (silos, Barnets garages, etc) are still placeholders but better that than nothing. 3d grass was also added.
There's nothing in the old v0.3.5 version that isn't in this version, so that version isn't included anymore.

I downloaded and the zip file put it in mods and the track does not show up
You haven't installed it correctly. Unzip the track folder contained within the zip file to your
Code:
Documents/PiBoSo/Kart Racing Pro/mods/tracks
folder, creating new folders where they don't exist, if necessary.

I have watched the video's on how to add tracks and done what you have said here. I cant get this track or any others to go into the game. I've tried everything i can think of. Any extra help would be appreciated.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 219 14.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 154 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 149 9.9%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 115 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 216 14.4%