G-force simulation in VR

Hello!
Can someone suggest a mod which would simulate front/back G-force while driving in VR to make a feeling of acceleration / deceleration more clear.
I mean virtual head goes ahead when you break hard. More intense deceleration - more abrupt head movement.

Looks like Neck FX should do this, but I can not find any related settings.

In game I can only see a settings for shake on a high speed or of road bumps, but not this kind. I set longitudinal movement in G-force to 160% with no effect. If I miss something I'd be greatly appreciated to know.

I find that some g-force effects can work fine in VR but, it's best if they work like the RealHeadMotion mod (works in AC with VR) as it's more natural. Too much can be counter-productive so be sure to start slow and gradual when adding such effects. In some cases, well tuned RHM may actually help reduce VR sickness. It helps me when driving very stiff-suspension cars.

That is for sure. But.
The question is not about VR sickness. I believe it's kinda peculiarity of each.
I don't drive as a pro hotlapping for hours in the same car. I'd name myself rather a rookie at the moment finding more interesting to test different cars at different tracks. Track days is my way to play now. So when I get a new car It is quite hard to understand what is happening to the car in this particular moment using visual information only. IRL you have an inner ear which tells you how high and which direction have all G-forces you feel now and than you may roughly predict the car behavior. In game in all new cars I can only act reactively (when **** is already happened and you must fight the consequences:)). Or to take over-precaution before and see what happens next.

So I though it could be quite useful feature to give player more sense of what is happening.
Moreover it IS present in AC non-VR when using in-cab camera: your dash is getting closer when hard breaking applied.

For all English-speaking people: sorry for such a violence over your langauge :redface:

I just physically move my head and body when cornering, braking or looking to the apex. Not perfect but it works for me,
it's not about how to look to an apex. There is no problem with it when in VR. It is about feeling the car acceleration/deceleration intensity. Mostly deceleration actually.

You push the pedal, the virtual car has a stiff suspension and don't tilt much, wheels are not slipping yet so your steering wheel is calm - so you just do not now what is happening around and wether you need to release the pedal a little or you can push harder. In real life you have a bunch of side 'sensors' which help you to determine the situation more precise: inner ear, outer ears, sometimes air flow direction etc. Inner ear is the most important actually and VR just can do nothing with it for now. So we can help ourselves using other sense that VR can deal with: the vision.

Here is the example:
. The 'head' moves forward a bit when hard braking. I can not get such an effect in VR. That's all.

it's not about how to look to an apex. There is no problem with it when in VR. It is about feeling the car acceleration/deceleration intensity. Mostly deceleration actually.

You push the pedal, the virtual car has a stiff suspension and don't tilt much, wheels are not slipping yet so your steering wheel is calm - so you just do not now what is happening around and wether you need to release the pedal a little or you can push harder. In real life you have a bunch of side 'sensors' which help you to determine the situation more precise: inner ear, outer ears, sometimes air flow direction etc. Inner ear is the most important actually and VR just can do nothing with it for now. So we can help ourselves using other sense that VR can deal with: the vision.

Here is the example:
. The 'head' moves forward a bit when hard braking. I can not get such an effect in VR. That's all.
I understand what your saying, thats why when braking I just move my head forward to simulate the force. Don't know any other way to feel gforces in a pc game.

I'm interested in this same effect, beastets.
the explanation of settings in neck fx is pretty much non-existant unfortunately.
the closest i came to achieving these setting was mirrorng the standard monitor neck fx settings, but checking "velocity inverse tilt", and "steering inverse tilit", but it got a bit weird combined with the other settings i'm using for lateral gforces.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.6%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 127 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing