G-Force, Look to Apex, Cockpit Camera

Racing Gurus of RD: Can you guys please post your settings for

G-Force Simulation

Look to Apex

Cockpit Camera Movement

I've been playing around with these and I'd like to know what you guys use. Thanks :)

To get the best Immersion i set both G-Force Simulation and Cockpit Camera Movement to max.
Look to Apex is a different animal, since different numbers means usually a relearning of brake/turn-in/acceleration points for each track (you drive whereat you look).
I choose actual 44% to get an idea where the bloody bends are in street circuits like Macau, Pau and Vara when turning in. :victory:

GForce Simulation = Moves the view around as defined in the headphysics.hed (.ini for rF) file.

Look-to-apex = Moves the view left or right, responding to steering axis input, scaled to percentage value.

Cockpit camera movement = Defines whether the head position is locked to the car (100%), or the ground that the car is moving over (0%) - it works backwards to the way you'd think by the description alone (0% isn't 'off', 100% is - but that's a subjective thing)

No, when you put everything on 0% nothing moves and the camera is stiff as hell :D

No he's right Bram. Cockpit Camera at 100%, there is no movement. At 0% it is moving.

But I think that's because I have G-Force and Look to Apex turned on.

With your setup Bram, you have those turned off, so I don't think your cockpit camera setting makes any difference.

That's why I love this place. I always get great info here and learn stuff I didn't know. RD is the best! :in-love:

Used to have Cockpit cam and G-force sim set to 100%

Always drive in cockpit view and had presumed it would give me some extra visual cues to drive by, without ever really testing what it was like at different levels.

Had a play with the settings the other day and realised that the settings were to high, and would give me the sense I was about to loose the car, over a curb or such, when in fact I wasnt.

Turned them both down to 10% now, and the difference isn't hugh but you still get the visual cue to whats happening with the car, but its not exagerated to the point were it gives you false information.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 266 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.7%