G-Belt or PT Actuators

Hi all,
I've read many reviews of the G-Belt by Sim Experience and have no doubt it's a great piece of equipment. I currently own the GS-5 seat and absolutely love it, along with the excellent support from the folks at SE.

I'm now at a point where I would like to add full motion to my set up, via PT Actuators. From Barry's (SRG) video review of the PT set up, he built a aluminum profile seat belt tower attached to the rear of his P1X and through the surge motion of the actuator was able to achieve a felt sensation of the shoulder and lap harness tightening up under braking.

I mainly race in VR and am looking for the immersion factor more than anything.
Anyone have any thoughts on which route to pursue?
thumb.jpg

I have both PT actuators and G-Belt and they are perfect together.
However if you want to join our PT owner club WhatsApp ... please Pm me

Upvote 0
G-belt goes mounts perfectly with the GS-5. G-belt also has a motor for the left and right belt so you can feel cornering effects. It uses the same software as GS-5 so you can configure the seat and belt the same way. I have GS-5, G-belt and a SFX-150. They work really well together. SFX-150 providing heave, pitch and roll, GS-5 surge and sway. G-belt surge effects. GS-5 and G-belt provide sustained forces.

Upvote 0
Hi,

I have the GS-5 and G-belt. Perfect combination and both sustained forces. Not sure that adding something else (without the sustained forces) won't be 'confusing'. Neils Heusingvelt did a good YouTube on the fact that all motion platforms without sustained forces somehow are not natural... Personally I will not go any further then my current set-up.

Upvote 0
I can not talk through experience.But i am building a simnracing rig and i am going to start with tactile and G-Belt.I think that combo with a good tuning work can give you a lot of inmersion in VR.

Later will come the PT-Actuators.

As you already have the GS-5 and already enjoying sustained G-Forces adding now PT-Actuators with that pitch/roll to feel surfing the road and heave for bumps is really something that has to be special , and it is the big investment.You can add G-Belt later with less economic effort.

Upvote 0
I do have the GS-5 and recently acquired the GBelt. Although one of the actuators seemed to be faulty, had to send it back for repair. Service has been nothing short of excellent.
From what i was able to experience, the GS-5 and GBelt work incredibly together. Racing in VR with this combo is amazing. Next on the list, PT Actuators...........

Upvote 0
I have pt actuators (Baby Monsters) and NLR seat mover. The feel of sway and surge from the seat mover on top of the heave roll and sway from the PTs is like nothing else. I dont get alot of G forces but I get some. Its quite good. I want to add traction loss then I will do the seta belts and maybe a G seat.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 107 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 140 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 199 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing