FX-i1 - The future of Formula 1

OverTake.gg

Administrator
Staff
jacoski_f1.jpg

During the qualilication of the Hungarian Grand Prix in 2009 Felipe Massa was struck on the helmet by a suspension spring that had fallen from Rubens Barrichello's Brawn GP, on a high-speed part of the track. After this horrible accident many people voiced their opinion that Formula 1 needed to become a safer sport.

This inspired Jacek Kolodziejczyk to create a total redesign of a modern Formula One car with new air intakes, front wing, rear wing and most noticeable a closed cockpit that protects the drivers better from being hit by debris or loose parts of other cars.

Do you like this design? Please make sure to check-out Jacek's site at iacoski.com to see more images and renders of this concept car.
jacoski_f1.jpg

And what happens if the car catches fire? F.e. like Kovalainen's Lotus in Singapore last year. And I think I've seen more fires in F1 than flying springs hitting drivers' heads. If there's something to be done about that, first make technical regulations so no springs can shoot off from the back of the cars. But I agree it looks cool:)

I suppose you could have a canopy (not seat!) ejection like a jet fighter. Like the look. Looks evolve. The current car looks nothing like the hundred winglets 5 years ago, or the flat bodies of 30 years ago, or the cars before wings. Whatever F1 does becomes F1. (shhh... don't let Bernie know I said that...)

If the enclosed cockpit was ever introduced then you would have to assume that the wheels would be enclosed in some way as well to prevent cars being launched through tyre to tyre contact. Nice design but looks too much like a 50/50 mix of two different cars rather than a true progression.

After what happened in Vegas this weekend as well as what's happened to other drivers exposed by open cockpits, I think we can be mature enough to let go of some parts of "tradition" in order to save a few more lives.It's an awesome look, and if it can be done in a manner that improves the overall safety of the driver, I can think of no reason not to do it.

A car like that should have a discipline of its own, and I'd most likely love it, but definitely not worthy for F1. No offense, but F1 is already being bombarded by regulations constantly, but regulations are on one hand, and changing the face of this sport for good is on the other. I'm already picturing this car with a 1.6 V6-Turbo. Not Formula 1, even at the slightest. How about giving it its own class and call it Formula X? Where X may represent the obscurity and vague nature of the discipline. Would make sense by the look of the car. It gives me the impression it would most fit on a shiny track with luminous lines, pretty much like Red Bull's 3D renders in their Simulator videos. Hot, but still not F1! But as a note aside, I think it would be better if the windshield was one piece, to have a better, wider look at the track, and corners.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back