Resource icon

Misc FX Configs for Circuit Gilles Villeneuve 1.3

Login or Register an account to download this content
JBolho submitted a new resource:

GrassFX for Circuit Gilles Villeneuve - Extension file for Gilled Villeneuve

My first experimentation on resources for AC.
This track is not the one available as an Alpha here on RD. The link to the track is in the README file inside the zip.
Unzip the extension folder inside the track folder, the file enables Grass FX and basic overall lighting settings as well.
Also does not have light sources to enable for night driving (this mod is meant to be a F1 circuit only it seems)
I didn't try to enable RainFX because i have no access to the beta CSP so i have no way to...

Read more about this resource...

Another great update, tracks looking fantastic now. Any chance of some updated billboards instead of all the Kunos adverts ? Do you know any one who could do Rain FX to finish of the track ?

Another great update, tracks looking fantastic now. Any chance of some updated billboards instead of all the Kunos adverts ? Do you know any one who could do Rain FX to finish of the track ?

I can try to do something about the billboards, i can replace for actual sponsors (there's only 1 instance of the Kunos billboard texture so whatever i replace it with will be on repeat as well)
As for RainFX, i can set the parameters but i won't know if it's working or not, let me see what i can do later on the day.

JBolho updated FX Configs for Circuit Gilles Villeneuve with a new update entry:

Jumbotrons and Night Lights!!

Update 1.3 Changelog:

- Adjusted track specularity and lighting
- Jumbotrons scattered across the track are working now.
- Night time track lighting enabled*

* - So... about the night lights. I found some "Light Poles" on the track model and some other objects that can act like a "light pole", although they're really not. It's a bit of a hack but without actually creating a 3D object on the track file, it's the best i can do.
Pit building has lit windows, and i found a nice building to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

You can illuminate the Jacques-Cartier bridge as it does IRL in RGB!!

That would be great but individual light points or new objects had to be created to achieve that and I don't have a way to create objects inside the track model itself :-(
What I did was inspect the track model and found "light pole" objects that can be assigned to light up through ini file parameters that I'm learning how to use.

Last edited:
That would be great but individual light points or new objects had to be created to achieve that and I don't have a way to create objects inside the track model itself :-(
What I did was inspect the track model and found "light pole" objects that can be assigned to light up through ini file parameters that I'm learning how to use.
Very good job still!!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 98 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.1%
  • 100% offline racing