Founder & Administrator
Staff
Premium
[Confused mode on]

I need to let this off.
  • RACE 06: one season with the Alfa Romeo 156
  • RACE 07: one season with the BMW E90
  • STCC: **confused**
Let me explain my confused-mode. First of all i am in love with the handling of the BMW in the game. Love the RWD way of steering or better oversteering very much and i would love to drive that car 24/7.

But the frustrating part is that after more then 1 year of not even touching a FWD car i just had to test out all the newcomers in the STCC and you know what: I am still 0.5 seconds a lap faster then in a FWD car then in a beemer. With the beemer i have to tweak the setup to my needs to get it running properly. With a FWD you just step in the car, press the start button, wave at the fans and fire away to poleposition..

Its driving me crazy tonight. Love the beemer, but pole positions are nice as well :wave:

[/Confused mode off]

It may be a disappointment to miss pole occasionally, but it usually doesn't matter with the RWD cars anyway. Usually all the Beemers just jump from as far back as P8 to P1 by turn 1.

That can also be frustrating for the FWD drivers too. :yo:

• Chris Noble

Yeah I was torn between the BMW E90 and Honda Accord for the WTCC league as they were my 2 favourite cars.

Have driven the BMW a lot more in recent weeks and got better at it, but still much faster in the FWD cars like you say.

Not getting pole isnt so bad if your in a BMW as you just launch off the start! as you demostrated on thursday at Falkanburg from your 8th place!

Also would the recent patch not have something to do with going faster in the FWD cars?

It was really nice to have the honda up the front (1, C30, 2 Honda, 3 Honda, 4 Honda at thursdays STCC race!)

i'm still struggling with the RWD. i need more laps. love the C30 and the audi A4. S60, not so keen on.

tried out the bms... in eagerness to test all the cars didn't check the drivetrain and promptly spun in t1.

for me, FWD all the way. love 'em.

Because of the V-WTCC organisation i've missed 95 procent of our own league this season so i can only base my opinion on racing club events that ive joined the last months.
My main problem is still that the BMW is so fragile in races where you bang door to door in each corner. Thursday proved it again: a little tap (actually a kiss) made me spin where if i had a FWD car i wouldnt even felt it...
Ofcourse the car has a might jump at the start (very realistic, although people tend to complain about that) but to actually finish a race it is much safer to go for a FWD car.

Bram, I love me Beemers but last night I picked the Volvo on that track starting with letter F or K I think lol. I was considerably faster than on a beemer. Like 2-3 seconds faster. I hate the way the FWD cars feel when driving em hence I always stick with the RWD. With STCC looks like I'll have to stick with FWD.

• Rob Prange

As a BMW-head, I have to correct a small detail.

Beemer = BMW Motorbike
Bimmer = BMW Car

:whistle::wave:

it happened again today, marcel vd aa can confirm! 60 minutes of beemer training at Valer! One lap with the Seat and have a PB! Getting sick of it :). Gonna close this forum and go play chess/archery (kidding atti :)) or something. Was nice knowing you all :)

• Matt Alpeter

Bram I posted my version of this a few days ago...same exact thing happened to me, although I haven't been racing for nearly as long. Anyhow, about 2 months or so with a RWD car and getting the track down perfect..then on my first lap in a FWD car I blew my time away.

I feel that the differences between FWD +RWD can be felt most strongly in the Touring cars. I like to stick with FWD, because they are a lot easier to drive. I just don't understand how people can be fast in the BMWs. They're too oversteery and the FWDs are grippier. The Alfa, Seat and Honda are my faves. I mean, I've driven good-handling cars on these games, but whoa mama, can those cars be hammered!!

it happened again today, marcel vd aa can confirm! 60 minutes of beemer training at Valer! One lap with the Seat and have a PB! Getting sick of it :). Gonna close this forum and go play chess/archery (kidding atti :)) or something. Was nice knowing you all :)

Lol :)

It happened to me yesterday, but only the other way around. Did quite some laps at Goteborg in the VolvoC30, managed to do a 45.9, then switched to the BMWE90 and did a 45.8 :)

• Jacek Kozlowski

i have same problem Bram.I love to drive RWD cars -Bmw even this icognito C200 from STCC but when it comes to racing im faster about 1sec when i drive FWD.So dont know what to choose,in RWD i have more fun from driving but im less competetive and slower...:decision:

• Sai Yip

i've been doing some car testing with both FWD and RWD

I was having some practise sections on Falkenberg, and I happened to clock the C30, A4, E90 6 Speed Sequential, C200 all in the 44.4 - 44.5 range......fairly equal I must say....in terms of HOTLAP

I enjoy to drive the RWD more but in a race it's best to run FWD.....much more forgiving when other drivers just dive into your rear quarter panel during cornering......It's ashame that the RWD have so much disadvantages in both stability and position attacking/defending...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 459 39.2%