FWD driving techniques?

Having grown up doing all my driving in RWD cars i have issues coming to grips with FWD. My biggest problem is braking into fast sweepers such as the fast right hand sweeper into the tight Left hander following the front straight at Londrina. The front end of the car wants to come around on me. I also have this issue to some extent with the ess onto the back straight and the Left hander at the end of the back straight. Obviously I"m doing something not right.... What? Other than brake only in a straight line....

Not sure about the problem you're having with the front end trying to come around on you, normally the problem with FWD is the opposite - understeer, the front end wanting to go straight on...
Anyway, the main difference under braking is that you've got the transmission hooked up to the front wheels adding additional braking/resistance and balance becomes more important.
You may wish to move the brake balance rearward a little to offset this and ensure that you're feathering off the brake when you turn if you haven't completed your braking in a straight line.

That's all I've got as I'm only an average sim racer but I have spent most of my life driving FWD cars including a lot of performance versions.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back