FVR V8 2009 V8 Supercars v1.5

Günthar Rowe

True2Life-Racing Designs
Premium
Welcome to the FVR V8 2009 Aussie Racing Series v1.5 by the FVRFactor.com mod team!!

This is a conversion of the all new 2009 rFactor FVR V8 mod and uses the same car models as from this mod.

Features added to the GTR Evo release:
- Custom Skin support using the "CustomSkins" folder .ini system
- Animated wipers
- Wet tyres and independent front and rear tyre physics models
- Functioning Rain/Dirtscreen

Known issues:
- Wipers are limited in that they only semi-clear rain water drops on the right hand side of the rainscreen. This is an issue within Simbins code that all (yes, even the RHD Lister) only clear the left hand side fully. Seems to work ok at clearing the dirt build-up.
- Non-adjustable Final Rear Diff Ratio. The Aussie V8 Series use fixed gearbox ratios with 4 final diff ratios to choose from. GTR Evo doesn't support this being adjustable, so we have included 4 default setups for both the Commodore and Falcon which are included in there own 7-zip file to go in your CarSetups folder located in your "My Documents".
- If you select Heavy Rain, the AI won't get the correct tyres, this is due to Simbin not working corectly with more than 2 tyre compounds.

Installation:
- extract to main Race07 folder

e.g.

C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\**you-user-name**\race 07\

This Mod wouldn't have been possible without:
- FlashQld, FVRFactor Founder
- Ferret40, FVRFactor Founder
- Jason Madigan
- dbens1
- Mojo66
- petrs73
- Angus94
- os-chris
- Michael51
- FastEddieWoe, www.Motorheadz.net and their crew! esp for hosting our test servers
- FOG-Carsten
- Vancstar
- our beta testing team
- Simbin (of course)
- And you, the Sim Racing Community!

Enjoy and please feel free to join up at www.FVRFactor.com and say hi etc.

Cheers,

Günthar Rowe
a.k.a KämpferAs

RD http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=974

NoGrip: http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=18424

Patch v1.51 release and attached to this post, fixes online car filter so you can race more than the FG :)

Attachments

• Ford16SpokewheelsPreview.jpg
    Ford16SpokewheelsPreview.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 365
  • Holden16SpokewheelsPreview.jpg
    Holden16SpokewheelsPreview.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 465
  • Evo_FVRV8_09_v1_5100_Patch.zip
    4.6 KB · Views: 277
Downloading now, time for some more V8 Supercar action at Racedepartment.

Quick question Gunthar (although it may be answered when I download it):
Does this replace the 2008 mod, or can we keep both separately in our game?

When starting a race with these cars I get a CTD. I open the minidump file in notepad but it is unreadable. I use GTR Evo 1.2.0.1 on Windows Vista 64 bits with the MotecAdd DX addon. Loading just my car in a practice session goes fine. Is there any relation with your standalone remark in previous post?

Could you post a quick summary of improvements/changes since 1.4?
I know this is the 09 season but was wondering what else has changed and if there is any point keeping 1.4.

Thanks to all involved, this seems like a must-have mod :)

Edit:
I never know which setup to choose for the cars to get the correct gear ratios. Could you post which setup should be used on each of the tracks used in the season?
Maybe for a future version when all the tracks are in the game they could come sorted into the correct folders for the tracks already. Not hugely important now because we don't have all the tracks for the real season.

When starting a race with these cars I get a CTD. I open the minidump file in notepad but it is unreadable. I use GTR Evo 1.2.0.1 on Windows Vista 64 bits with the MotecAdd DX addon. Loading just my car in a practice session goes fine. Is there any relation with your standalone remark in previous post?

I run Vista 32bit + 1.2.0.1 + MoTeCAdd DX and can race and can run without CTD

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2009-04-20 21-23-15-72.jpg
    Race_Steam 2009-04-20 21-23-15-72.jpg
    143.5 KB · Views: 340
Could you post a quick summary of improvements/changes since 1.4?

I know this is the 09 season but was wondering what else has changed and if there is any point keeping 1.4.

Thanks to all involved, this seems like a must-have mod :)

New VE and FG 3D Models and all the 2009 liveries

Edit:
I never know which setup to choose for the cars to get the correct gear ratios. Could you post which setup should be used on each of the tracks used in the season?
Maybe for a future version when all the tracks are in the game they could come sorted into the correct folders for the tracks already. Not hugely important now because we don't have all the tracks for the real season.

With regards to the default setups, I just jump in the setup that loads, see how the 6th gear is running at the fastest point on track, and either move to a shorter gear 3.5:1 or 3.7:1 if I'm not at the redline or move to the 3.15:1 for the really long and fast tracks like Bathurst ...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 73 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 272 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 398 40.0%