Further Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina Previews Revealed

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo 2.jpg

Further details emerge about the new Emerson Fittipaldi and Pininfarina designed Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Grand Turismo by Pininfarina.

The Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Grand Turismo by Pininfarina, designed under licence from double Formula One World Champion Emerson Fittipaldi is due to make it's world debut at the 2017 Geneva International Motor Show. With the obvious interest of having a hugely successful Formula One and IndyCar champion behind the concept Pininfarina have gone one step further and confirmed the car will feature in the massively popular Gran Turismo games franchise on Sony PlayStation 4.

The move to debut the car in game before it's real life counterpart even hits the track is an interesting and unusual move by the new manufacturers, ensuring a considerable amount of expose for what is basically an untested and very new partnership. However "Emmo" is rather well known for taking risks during his career on and off the racetrack, with shall we say inconsistent result.

On the build up to the Geneva International Motor Show later next month Pininfarina and Fittipaldi have revealed a few more key details about the new EF7. It appears that the Brazilian is keen to ensure safety both behind the wheel and in the event of an accident are one of the key requirements from the new venture:

“What was important to me in creating the EF7 is that the car not only provides pure passion and adrenaline but will also be forgiving and safe for drivers of all skill levels,” said Fittipaldi from Monaco where he is attending the Laureus Sports Awards.
Despite an attention to the practicalities of everyday supercar driving, the racing legend is keen to ensure the new machine will appeal to those with a taste for performance and quality manufacturing materials. The new Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Grand Turismo by Pininfarina (snappy name isn't it?) will have a carbon fibre monocoque and body, bringing the car in at an incredibly lightweight 1000kgs. Bolted on to the still and light supercar will be a Fittipaldi designed V8 normally aspirated engine capable of producing over 600hp, coupled together with a bespoke gearbox to ensure "seamless" integration.

“Owner-drivers can expect reliability, lower maintenance cost and minimal mechanic and tech teams - which means more time and elation on the track,” added Fittipaldi.
The good news for those of us without a few hundred thousands dollars to spare is the EF7 will form part of future Gran Turismo racing games for the PlayStation 4, so you won't need to take out a bank load to try the thing out for yourself...

The Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina will be presented on March 7th 2017 at the Geneva International Motor Show on the Pininfarina stand.

Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo.jpg

If you want to know more about the Gran Turismo series of games then head on over to the Gran Turismo Series sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Here you can take in the latest news, join up with our community members to discuss the games and get together for some quality organised racing events. Its all here at RaceDepartment!

Looking forward to trying out the new car in Gran Turismo? Do you think the real car will be able to match it's more well known manufacturer rivals? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Yeah I agree. Something about Fittipaldi EF7 Vision Gran Turismo by Pininfarina just slips by too quick.

Now if they put GTi EX Redline Turbo Extreme on the end of it I'd be all over the pre order. Missed opportunity imho ;) :D

Meh. I'm still waiting for Nigel Mansell hypercar with moustache-shaped front end splitter. Apparently, silly names are in right now, but I think it should be named rather unpretentiously. Maybe ProstLost?

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 252 13.3%