Cars Furia

Wow, I've missed this thread before, now I'll keep a close eye to see how it progress, this looks beautiful! very amazing level of detail considering you're using less than 250k triangles for the entire car.
I'm not a big fan of modeling parts that are only visible 5% of the time, but in this case since it's such an unique vehicle is worth replicating every detail. Very good work on the shaders so far, judging from the latest screenshots. I've tried to achieve that "metalness" look myself before, using Quixel as well for texturing, but there isn't a shader that allows that kind of detail in AC. Specially for damage textures, it'll be cool to be able to use some kind of blend mode, so we can have the paint layer and below the bare metal.

Anyway, good to hear this is back on track, really looking forward to seeing it in game!

Thank you! It's a honor to me receive compliments from a skilled modder like you sir :D
100% agreed about the metalness look, would be really cool and possible a game changer for damage materials :rolleyes:

So the updates....

I've made almost everything inside the front hood. Battery, steering rack, steering arms, radiator, fan, brake and clutch master cylinders and some wiring.
On the exterior, new detailing on the headlights (feels more real now instead of that simple chrome ring) also some small details all around.
*Warning for the usual image flood*
HMus18H.jpg

zS7Gzk1.jpg

fXNX1Mf.jpg

W7FGx0M.jpg

JtUqCi1.jpg

sBJnSOI.jpg

xa19aOr.jpg

Plus
u13bFkv.jpg

BJM72rx.jpg

Next will be the seat belts and central console on the interior.

This looks absolutely gorgeous!

What is the "freckled" material supposed to be on the real car around the main structure of the body (silvery freckled texture)?

I suppose the original car I take it is made from riveted and welded aluminum sheet metal?
The texture you used looks much more like zinc plated steel (a material you would never use in major construction of a race car as for its weight) than aluminum.
This is jumping out at me ;-)

This looks absolutely gorgeous!

What is the "freckled" material supposed to be on the real car around the main structure of the body (silvery freckled texture)?

I suppose the original car I take it is made from riveted and welded aluminum sheet metal?
The texture you used looks much more like zinc plated steel (a material you would never use in major construction of a race car as for its weight) than aluminum.
This is jumping out at me ;-)

I'm not sure if I understand correctly about what part exactly you're talking about...
If it's this, is called "bate pedra" here, the best I can get in english is this finish called zolatone which is a kind of brute finish paint made to protect the fiberglass body.
I also want to test some kind of brute fiberglass texture before the release because the reference pictures are only black and white so it's hard to tell what kind of finish is used there.
ZolatoneHVLPSamples.jpg

Would those screws at the bottom work properly? They look to be so close to the edge.

But damn! Look at that gorgeous :D

Well, the laziness took me over and I just thought, nah nobody will notice that. I was Wrong.:D
Originally there goes just little tabs that hold the bottom part on place.

Ah, I see what you experimented with then.
Usually fibre glass body parts underneath as hoods or inside doors are not painted in body finish (see the excellent restoration youtube videos of "Gunnar Racing" who restore famous Porsche racers of the 60's and 70's).

… but the major structural body is generally fully painted (like the major central structure).
This can be well seen also in the black and white photos here (I am sure you have seen those already):
https://revslib.stanford.edu/catalog/pp467sg3469

The "freckles" that can be seen on these photos are from the black and white film process, not from the paint - look how the outer body paint looks identical in tone and structure to the main body underneath the shoulder line.

Of course usually these areas are not as well sanded and finished before body paint as any outer skin but they are usually painted in body color with the same finish.

This is of course only nit picking ;-) It is a great looking exotic car and all of us surely are grateful to see such a rare bird coming to Assetto Corsa ;-)

Have a look at Gunnar Racing's youtube channel - some seriously nice restoration videos to watch there:
https://www.youtube.com/user/teamgunnar

In the end I've made some experiments with bare fiberglass texture and I liked it :) although I still a bit unsure about it.
Thanks, I'll check that channel later.
---

So, I think that the Lod A is done :D
I was starting serious work on liveries and came across some density problems in the body uv that lead in a complete uv overhaul, Of course I've lost everything related to car paint (damage / dirt / AO bake etc) it was a really p.i.t.a.
The good new is that I've finished the (re)work and at the end its better than before.

Besides that drama, I've done the seat belts, worked a bit the center console, did the supports for the doors, reworked the rear hubs and also textured the chassis/suspension.
WRHybSq.jpg

20TjWfX.jpg

Z4Hsl1Y.jpg

dzM9XKC.jpg

Here the liveries, two from the original car and it's variants and four fictional inspired in real ones.
U19JBT5.png

This are just to prize that magnificent Content Manager custom showroom
huJxvem.jpg

12PB2C0.png

DfqtGhn.png

Thats it, now I'll fix the driver animations and start the lods

This looks spot on! It is such a shame that most likely we will never see all that glorious detail in AC.
I wait for the day as we will have missing body panels and hoods from the cars as in GTR2 - thats the time when we will see all this effort ;-)
I am really looking forward to have some contemporary cars to race against the Ford GT and Porsche 908.
Now Assetto Corsa urgently needs BOP adjustability to get fields of uneven cars much closer together when racing against the AI.

Amazing, still hard to believe all that detail is within the official polycount budget (125k triangles interior + 125k exterior). Superb job on the textures and shaders, it's a pleasure to look at.
At least you can animate the hood/trunk to open in the showroom, so that'll be visible just to drool at :)

Wow!
Which other word to find other than "SUPERB"?
I'm Brazilian too, and I'm proud that our country has dedicated modelers just like you. We have so many beautiful cars!...
It's a pity that I'll never see this beauty in rFactor (I'm not a modeler and, even if I was, I doubt that I could get to this level of detailment)...

Wow!
Which other word to find other than "SUPERB"?
I'm Brazilian too, and I'm proud that our country has dedicated modelers just like you. We have so many beautiful cars!...
It's a pity that I'll never see this beauty in rFactor (I'm not a modeler and, even if I was, I doubt that I could get to this level of detailment)...
Reiza Studios is also from brasil.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back