Cars Furia

Not in the traditional way, I think that's not possible to archive such nice looking in the AC editor, however I'll try to mix the roughness/metalness/specular maps into the "_map" texture to see what happens

Can't wait for that ! It probably will not look as crazy as in your SketchFab, but I think it should be something.

Would be great example of skin_map possibilities. I like that Alfa GTA bare metal skin, good example also. But this would be next level.

So here's the barn find furia :D
As expected, it turned out not that close to the PBR setup but it will be a nice skin for sure.
The engine/carbs definitely looks nicer and more detailed, I'll be using this in the base version with some minor adjustments.
I like the looking of the wheels, but it's too much wear effect in it for the normal version, maybe I'll find a mid term for it.

8KAEg9w.jpg

87uiZAv.jpg

wwk0XMS.jpg

jBjnVBb.jpg

2NlCHBW.jpg

MsboSvv.jpg

24tWFgj.jpg

e9i13sD.jpg

3tzoxC9.jpg

And now we have a vin number :p
cxDflRF.jpg

Just a thing I want to ask, sometimes I feel like I'm posting "more of the same" with this little details, should I continue posting this kind of little progress?

yes sir you may indeed continue. The attention to detail in your mod is a real pleasure to watch!

It's a real shame they don't deal with specular and reflect/metalness etc. in the KsEditor! that viewer in your previous post was brilliant.
don't get me wrong now, the result is still nice for AC!

my god, you could post a post like that every hour and I wouldn't be bored by it :confused:

how are the stats on tris, materials and textures? Looking at the cockpit things it seem as if you use 10x the resolution of everything compared to me, like on the "grip handle finger things" at the back of the steering wheel.

So here's the barn find furia :D
As expected, it turned out not that close to the PBR setup but it will be a nice skin for sure.
The engine/carbs definitely looks nicer and more detailed, I'll be using this in the base version with some minor adjustments.
I like the looking of the wheels, but it's too much wear effect in it for the normal version, maybe I'll find a mid term for it.

8KAEg9w.jpg

87uiZAv.jpg

wwk0XMS.jpg

jBjnVBb.jpg

2NlCHBW.jpg

MsboSvv.jpg

24tWFgj.jpg

e9i13sD.jpg

3tzoxC9.jpg

And now we have a vin number :p
cxDflRF.jpg

Just a thing I want to ask, sometimes I feel like I'm posting "more of the same" with this little details, should I continue posting this kind of little progress?

Yes please do go on with these "little details" ! :)

my god, you could post a post like that every hour and I wouldn't be bored by it :confused:

how are the stats on tris, materials and textures? Looking at the cockpit things it seem as if you use 10x the resolution of everything compared to me, like on the "grip handle finger things" at the back of the steering wheel.
Well there's a lot of sizes and crazy stuff going on here :p

Some funny statistics:

213k tris with not much optimisation yet.
39 materials. But there's some placeholders to be merged, I'd be happy if I can manage to go below 30.
31 diffuse textures (if you count the whole thing with "_map", normal maps, detail maps etc it's 88 total).

From this 88 textures:
55 of the them are 512x512 or less
Two 1024x512
22 of the all textures are 1024x1024
Nine 2048x2048

NINE 2k textures ? And all of them with alpha channels ? :)

Pretty crazy ! :D

I have only two 2k textures on Jag, thats body material. And I wonder if I could get rid of diffuse map alpha channel, so I could save 2 megabytes :D

NINE 2k textures ? And all of them with alpha channels ? :)

Pretty crazy ! :D

I have only two 2k textures on Jag, thats body material. And I wonder if I could get rid of diffuse map alpha channel, so I could save 2 megabytes :D

Just the car body and dust layer have alpha channels, in fact all this textures are either related to the body or engine, also I noticed that the body _map still 2048 which it's not necessary :)

I recently wondered if there would be visible degrading if body_map was 1024x1024 (when livery is color only). Thats one more way to improve performance !

Dust layer ? You mean body_map alpha (for metal_detail ?) ? Or thats about dirt ? I haven't done any dirt yet, so I don't know :D

Nice, looks even happier when dirty :D Maybe because it shows that it was actually driven. I don't know why I thought like that (because of dirt), but it looks to me like it could have been good rally car too. It looks like it is relatively small, looks like wheelbase is short.

tumblr_ngzxd62WGt1r2dcdfo1_500.png

4c0a3d06-be6a-438e-a6c4-e932f2de5d3b
bb4tcsz.jpg

Just geometry probably would have been totally wrong for rally :D (have no idea)

Nice, looks even happier when dirty :D Maybe because it shows that it was actually driven. I don't know why I thought like that (because of dirt), but it looks to me like it could have been good rally car too. It looks like it is relatively small, looks like wheelbase is short.

tumblr_ngzxd62WGt1r2dcdfo1_500.png

4c0a3d06-be6a-438e-a6c4-e932f2de5d3b
bb4tcsz.jpg

Just geometry probably would have been totally wrong for rally :D (have no idea)
To be honest I was wondering the same thing while testing it on karelia cross (you know, the fastest way to get it dirt) :D
Indeed the wheelbase seems short (234mm), but the stratos is 218mm and the GT40 is 241mm (for comparison)
In fact the IA did good laps on that track and it's beautiful to see it jumping around :D

This one can not be forgotten.

How is it going for you @soverlands ?

For sure it will not be ;)
I know that's been a long time (believe me, looks like a entire fu***ng year for me :confused:) since the last updates.
Long story short: My computer had a catastrophic motherboard failure back in november and I was able to buy new parts just few weeks ago.
So, I'm slowly putting things together. I'm a bit lost yet :D

So, straight to the point... Just small details on the interior, bake and textures for aluminum parts, a new tyre texture variant... some of them made back in november...
I think the Load_A it's 90% ready in terms of graphics...
5gsbPBn.jpg

PvZBhx7.jpg

QK57PhP.jpg

1C9YsHU.jpg

mOgXusc.jpg

Last edited:
It looks like it is 100% and now is getting on top of that.

Really nice to hear that you have moved from stand still. It is also nice that you had this "opportunity" to rest from modding for a few months, everything whats bad has a bright side somehow :D

Good luck with hardware and everything :)

Wow, I've missed this thread before, now I'll keep a close eye to see how it progress, this looks beautiful! very amazing level of detail considering you're using less than 250k triangles for the entire car.
I'm not a big fan of modeling parts that are only visible 5% of the time, but in this case since it's such an unique vehicle is worth replicating every detail. Very good work on the shaders so far, judging from the latest screenshots. I've tried to achieve that "metalness" look myself before, using Quixel as well for texturing, but there isn't a shader that allows that kind of detail in AC. Specially for damage textures, it'll be cool to be able to use some kind of blend mode, so we can have the paint layer and below the bare metal.

Anyway, good to hear this is back on track, really looking forward to seeing it in game!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back