Funny moments in your life.

I have two:

-When we got news from our neighbours about a death in a family of our sub-division, my mom wanted to get some food for them, so she wanted to get some fried chicken, and since the family member who passed away was Afro-American, I said something like this to my mom, "Mom, don't buy fried chicken, because you are perpetuating the stereotype of Afro-Americans."

-Almost two years ago, I was looking for a coaxial cable in my other houses attic, so after searching box after box, I moved to a part of the attic floor where I could get a better angle of the boxes to search for, but I stepped on the soft part of the attic floor and my right leg was sticking out of the ceiling; my dad was angry as ****, so I went inside my room scared. My mom, brother, and brother-in-law were laughing quietly because of what happened.

My first thread did not get any replies, but, I hope the second one picks up on that.

When I was shopping with my brother at Gamestop for the Steam Summer Sale, I bought a Steam card and as my brother and I walked to the door into the rain, a man opened the door and my brother was ahead of me and the man said, "Ladies first!"; then, I walked through the door since I had a clean shave and long hair and laughed along with it.

Last year, when I was working at a doctor's clinic, I had my Spongebob Squarepants moment and ripped my pants; instead of making people laugh out of embarrassment, I was the one embarrassed. I got up immediately, checked out, all while my arms were covering the hole in my pants that revealed my underwear, started pacing with my arms covering my hole, looked around to see if anyone noticed; up till I reached my car and drove home, I was censoring my ripped pants area.

Later that night, my mom could not sew the hole since I ripped it twice, so, the next morning, I grabbed my mom's headscarf and tucked it to where the ripped area was covered, and, my colleagues were still speaking to me with a serious face and I did not hear laughter or snickering behind my back or from a distance. I'm sure they were laughing, though.

Early last year, I called a worker at the pharmacy for a prescription, and, I asked whether my voucher was eligible, and he said, "Yes ma'am! The voucher is eligible!" I went to the pharmacy and displayed my voucher to the clerk and he said it was ineligible, and I told him that his employee said it was eligible and the man who I spoke to on the phone said, "I was talking to a woman (aka Mohammed) on the phone about the voucher." End of day, I paid with credit card for the refill.

End of the day, I am used to total strangers I speak on the phone with addressing me as if I am a woman. The first thirty callers, I told them I was a male. But, after the 30th time, I let random phonecallers address me as 'ma'am' even though they can't bother to think why would a woman have the name, Mohammed, hmm?? :p

Same time last year as the pharmacy visit, I was assigned at the front desk to schedule appointments for patients. One patient I called had her phone on answering machine; her answering message was a three-minute gospel song of the Word of Jesus Christ, then she said, "Leave a message!" After I hung up, I said, "I truly admire that woman's sense of faith."

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%