• Guest, RaceDepartment is now on Discord!  Join Here

Fun Races For Rookies This Weekend

VernWozza

500RPM
Staff member
Premium
Feb 3, 2017
Hi everyone.

We have a couple of great races lined up on simracing.gp and are open to all ACCSS members. ACCSS is a community designed specifically for rookies and newcomers to online sim racing.

SATURDAY 30 JULY - BATTLE JAPAN
• GT3 at Suzuka
• All skill levels welcome
• Grid Size 25 - Now fully booked

Battle Japan.png

SUNDAY 31 JULY - PORSCHE CUP CHALLENGE
• Porsche Cup at Spa
• All skill levels welcome - But be warned, this could get tricky if you don't know this car + it could rain
• Grid Size 30 - Extended to 40 slots - 10 Remaining at time of edit

Porsche Cup copy.png

Join ACCSS Discord Here:
https://discord.gg/YkHzdN6

Last edited:

Kurupt CDN

DirtT Tuned Motorsports
Premium
Jul 18, 2012
Sounds great! If I can ever figure out how to get the server to show on my end I'd love to join.

I've tried several times for 20+ min after the server was scheduled to launch on nothing shows up.
Serval list/All/search by name/ Simracing.gp/#unique server id/Racedepartment all have come back server not found?

Is there something I am not inputting properly or a possible setting that needs adjusting or online rating I need?

VernWozza

500RPM
Staff member
Premium
Feb 3, 2017
Sounds great! If I can ever figure out how to get the server to show on my end I'd love to join.

I've tried several times for 20+ min after the server was scheduled to launch on nothing shows up.
Serval list/All/search by name/ Simracing.gp/#unique server id/Racedepartment all have come back server not found?

Is there something I am not inputting properly or a possible setting that needs adjusting or online rating I need?
You just need to search ACCSS for our events.

Kurupt CDN

DirtT Tuned Motorsports
Premium
Jul 18, 2012
You just need to search ACCSS for our events.
Thank you!
I can see those servers :)
For some reason, when searching simracing.gp and the #unique server code no servers are found or appear on the mp home screens severs available, but I found out that if I just type simracing in the search bar I can get them to show.

VernWozza

500RPM
Staff member
Premium
Feb 3, 2017
Both events now fully booked.

Might be adding an additional split on the Battle Japan race.

Kurupt CDN

DirtT Tuned Motorsports
Premium
Jul 18, 2012
@VernWozza

I am trying to signup through your link but its not allowing me to select any cars?
there is 2 slots available in room 1 and 7 in the added server.

VernWozza

500RPM
Staff member
Premium
Feb 3, 2017
@VernWozza

I am trying to signup through your link but its not allowing me to select any cars?
there is 2 slots available in room 1 and 7 in the added server.
Ive accepted your application you can now sign up for races.

Enjoy the racing.

I encourage you. To join our discord as all the event organisation is done in there.

Kurupt CDN

DirtT Tuned Motorsports
Premium
Jul 18, 2012
Thanks for the invite!

Was an interesting first event.
What's the rules for race starts?
I qualified 10th and right before the chicane before the start line about 6 cars passed me and by the start line I was 17th or 18th?

Sorry I bailed for race 2 I didn't want to ruin any more people's races the netcode and rubber banding was terrible and punted 3 or 4 people. I'd pull within a car length of someone than there cars would just start sliding laterally across the track or warp back at me making it completely unpredictable to race with. Not one collision even made a contact sound.
Or notified me of an incident.

VernWozza

500RPM
Staff member
Premium
Feb 3, 2017
Thanks for the invite!

Was an interesting first event.
What's the rules for race starts?
I qualified 10th and right before the chicane before the start line about 6 cars passed me and by the start line I was 17th or 18th?

Sorry I bailed for race 2 I didn't want to ruin any more people's races the netcode and rubber banding was terrible and punted 3 or 4 people. I'd pull within a car length of someone than there cars would just start sliding laterally across the track or warp back at me making it completely unpredictable to race with. Not one collision even made a contact sound.
Or notified me of an incident.
Yeah that was me you hit hahaha. Honestly no hard feelings at all.

Where are you based?

What's the rules for race starts? - there is a great video by RandomCallsign about how to start, but basically you need to be in line with the thick green line, regardless of the position of the other cars on track.

This graphic I made might explain it better.

Start School copy.png

Kurupt CDN

DirtT Tuned Motorsports
Premium
Jul 18, 2012
Yeah that was me you hit hahaha. Honestly no hard feelings at all.

Where are you based?

What's the rules for race starts? - there is a great video by RandomCallsign about how to start, but basically you need to be in line with the thick green line, regardless of the position of the other cars on track.

This graphic I made might explain it better.

View attachment 394727
Calgary Canada
When I was monitoring the server specs my ping was around 140-150 from what I saw.
My internet service is pretty good
600dl
100up

It was impossible to race anyone cars would look like they were running wide through a turn just to have them slide across the track back to the racing line to have me punt them off lol

My driving was embarrassing and apologies again to those I hit.

Edit: Interesting I just checked my simracing.gp profile for the last race and it says I had zero incidents or even off tracks? are they not coded yet?

Last edited: