FUN RACE!, MMG F1, Silverstone 2011, 12th Feb

I have FOV 55. I think especially elevations on the track and small markers are easier to see that way. And the feel is better compared to the reversed telescope view I had earlier.

I only figured that i used different FOV with F1 when David mentioned about his seating position, up&close max. So did i.. Went in car and whoops, i was using F3000 which is 1-2 clicks from up, about midway forward/backwards.. Then decided to check if it was FOV..

I'm in the favor of small FOV, i got only 22", the correct FOV is 60 ( i can just about touch the screen from driving position). But it's only good for driving alone, with company there is a need to see just a bit more, that's why it's in mid 60s. It's very important IMHO to never fiddle with it between sessions, not even between races. I've done only one click per event, very very gradual.

First time i started to pay attention, it was almost like have to learn to drive again but the amount of "space" i suddenly had (it's an illusion..), roads were twice as wide.. It reflected immediately with "multiple choices" (varying driveline just a bit) and much much better accuracy, better understanding why some corners why fast this time and slow last time when there seemed to be no difference... Too high FOV will do a lot of damage.. But that's in the past, i love the wider roads :) That's just for a warning, if you're happy, don't meddle with it.. Haven't touched it in months, whole last season was with the same settings. CTRL+Left Click&Drag changes FOV in the car. Alt+Left Click resets FOV.

With F1 there could some factors that make larger FOV favorable, the pace is soo scary quick when everything up close. Larger FOV offers "longer" braking zones (again, illusion.. it's a fisheye lens effect that just grows the further you move away from perfect FOV)...

If we would race on a track that had two straights and two hairpins, FOV of 120 could be actual advantage.. But we tend to stick to tracks that have corners so small FOV is better.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back