Fun Race 3, Formula RaceRoom, 23rd Jan

It seems to be strange that you can set the front wing very, very high in relation to the rear wing. er.

I agree, my senses could immidietly pick up that something was not correct with the balance / car behaviour when i 1st went out on track on David / Sean setups , i think it was 12/14 wings or something , and then when i start dropping the rear wing and some other things until i reached 13 /5 and kept going faster i was still in doubt as it was not logic , i honeslty with hesitation posted what i thought to be a crazy setting but today i saw Reik setup 15/5 and posting a very fast lap it was a confirmation that this was the right way to go so i do not see any problem drivng a car with such a stange setting as long as Reik mentioned we share openly all the knowledge around setup as we always used to do .
i had so much fun driving these cars today , 1 st race some good battles [ holding up] David and Sean :geek: , and the second one some good moments with Vince and Reik on wet when he was struggeling for grip.
what was the rain intensity ? it was a bit harder to see track with so much shower spry behind the cars.
i give this car my blessing .. so we can speed up the voting process..:)

Ye Great Racing Anthony:thumbsup: , i was able to get real close to and these cars seems easy to manage in side by side battles i had no fear when i was moving around Anthony trying to force a error to pass and was no sign of any sync issues to, worth to point out.
I think rain was about 55 % at start, never really payed much attention to it through race though.
I think we will use whatever in setup works as usual we will end up finding best way etc once we reach laptime limits, i remember when we were usign 1/13 wing etc some tracks with mmg thinking this looked wrong but feels correct lol. I used to take 1 fwing per 5/6 rear with mmg maybe with frr we will be the opposite.
Why not with these:thumbsup: im happy to go with these cars if it gets more peoples approval, only thing is it seems if any kind of wetness we will be on wets until completely dry but then its clear for everyone, easier than everyone needing telemetry to get idea of wet % and when to pit, but the inters/ss etc with mmg is something we will miss i suppose.

I like these cars too. Except that i find its very difficult to have a good start with them rear wheel spinning so much :) If i was part of season 10, i'd vote RR1 :)

Race 1: Sorry Nico for the 2 times i made a mistake in front of you, you did a great job avoiding me the 1st time, next time my car roll on top over yours so you had no chance!! :( Fortunatly none of us had damage. After 1st 360 spin i was back last position like 6-7 second behind 12th position. I fight back to 8, and was seeing Vince and Valter fight closer and closer in front of me as the race was coming to an end.

Race 2: a few incident in front of me in the 1st lap got me up to 5th place with Reik in front of me. He was on slicks and he defend his position for 2-3 laps.... thats remarkable!!! SUper control you had on slick Reik!! Then i had a solo race to the end. David made me a gift by pitting so i finish 3rd.

Thanks David, Daniel, Nico and everyone for fun races!!

Steeve

Nice Fun Race. Thanks to David, Daniel and Nico for making it happen. :thumbsup:

Qualifying: 1:29.0 (2nd)
Ok lap, which narrowly brought me 2nd place. Sean and David also had 1:29.0's.

Race 1: (1st)
I got ok start and kept my place. After the start, there was no pressure from behind. At first it looked like Reik is going to pull away at P1, but as the race progressed, I was able to catch him and started to look for an overtaking place. Reik was driving perfectly in all other places, but at Brooklands and Luffield corners he seemed to have problems, and there I got my chance when he went a bit wide. I got the inside line and was able to pull away for the next straight. The gap went to maybe four seconds, before I noticed that I was really low in fuel. For the last three laps I was trying to save as much fuel as possible and at finish line I had 1 liter left.

Race 2: (2nd)
Everybody knew this was going to be wet race, and for me it was my first laps on wet with this car. I setupped my car more understeery for this race, which was a mistake. I started really carefully and trying to sense how much grip there was to use. Surprisingly there was quite a lot of grip and it took me some time to realise that, at which point Sean was already some three seconds away at P1. I tried to push more and more to check, if there was a chance to catch Sean, but always when I was able to catch a little, he made a good lap and pulled away even more. At the same time David was giving pressure from behind. Somewhere around halfway of the race David disappeared from my mirrors and Sean was too far away, so I had a lonely race to the chequered flag in P2.

I was not a big fan of Formula RR before this event, but it seems to suit well for this kind of one-off-event. Easy to learn, easy to handle. Driving it is a bit like driving a high-torque electric go-kart :) However, personally I don't see it as a challenging choice for a whole season.

I spent most of both races in the rear end of the field. I had some good fights with Valerio, Steeve, Chirlie, Valter, Peter and others that I might be forgetting. Anyhoo, i had great fun except those times I made mistakes (spin car etc).

For me learning to race FRR was a greater challenge than f3000, which seems only natural considering my experience :) However, this feeling was strengthened by the FRR race being on Silverstone 2011 which was a first time for me, while the f3000 was on the good old Istanbul that I know inside out.

I was not a big fan of Formula RR before this event, but it seems to suit well for this kind of one-off-event. Easy to learn, easy to handle. Driving it is a bit like driving a high-torque electric go-kart :) However, personally I don't see it as a challenging choice for a whole season.

If you allow me as well to give credit to all the highly committed PrestoGP drivers and organizers who turn any normal event to a great success, regardless the type of cars they are driving.:)

I might add that for me personally, not considering anyone or anything else than the pure driving experience, I prefer the f3000 :) I find it hard to chose between MMG and FRR and would need more time with the FRR to make up my mind. But as I said earler, this does not play a major role in my vote, if it was the only thing I considered I think I would have voted F3000=3, F1=2, FRR=2.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back