Fun Race 3, Formula RaceRoom, 23rd Jan

Nice lap Anthony :thumbsup: i managed a 31.4 with mine, i think i could go a little faster with maybe less wing, you still using yours with just 5 rear ? i was using 13/14 12/13 i think. Still 1st time really drove these so more practise to know for sure im going to try lower wing later will be on today.

here is my updated setup, after i uploaded the video i did beat my previous lap time by almost half a second to 1:31 so ur right sean more speed is likely with more practice, i did try ur setup and David one but i could not drive it at all, too much understeering for my liking, i added more front wing 13/5 with the updated one to get the car turn in quicker , also the same qualy setup could be used for race and it is fine on wet , it is already tested for 10 laps so whoever decides to use this setup do not have to change anything [ to minimize your testing time] but honestly it surprises me how well the car is handling with so little rear wing compared to front . there is not RR silver 11 server up yet so all testing were done offline , so i have no idea how many laps for 22 min race or how much fuel, but i am using around 4.4 lit fuel per lap.

it happened i had some free time to test the car today and adjust the setting, i am trying my best to give as much info as possible to get those who do not have time to practice ready up and running on time for Wednesday race. hope this helps a bit :geek:

Attachments

• qualy silv 2.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 221
These cars can skid quite a bit without losing control. Do I imagine things, or does this car behave more like the monsters I have followed on the telly since the seventies? Is it because I'm not provoking it like I used to in our old -07 F1? Maybe the higher minimum ride height can contribute a bit to the feeling.
Wings 12/12 gives me a pretty good balance at Silverstone. I like the possibility to adjust the front wing in smaller steps.

I think the track has really high grip levels maybe not best when checking out mod, i think old track did to, maybe Kennet can check. I did a few laps with your new 1 Anthony ive edited slight toe-ins cambers n 8/6 wing now managed a 30.3 with couple small mistakes so i could still get slight better i think. Also i think servers been up for a while, ive done all my practise online :thumbsup:

Attachments

• sean q 5.svm
    2.5 KB · Views: 446
is there a problem with the servers? So many seem to not see/find them. I haven't installed RR yet myself, and am not able to test for myself until later. but as David sais, the servers are out there and have been there since post 3 in this thread :) One is called PrestoGP.com Silverstone and the other PrestoGP.com FunRace

You have to look for server by Name type, not by "Class" because the class is "Unknown" due to FRR and F3000 are both available. I had problems finding it too, i always look by "Class".

Steeve

I know you mentioned it earlier, I just didn't "understand", or kind of thought that it could not be the case so you probably ment something else. But it was the case and now it is corrected :)

I'll open a server without PW just in case there are some ppl out there we can lure into our league :) Please use this and rather migrate to the pw-protected server if there is troubble.

heres a link to an excellent skin pack for formula raceroom, it has every car from the f1 2011 season,

http://www.drivingitalia.net/forum/index.php?app=downloads&showfile=701

im getting a mismatch when i connect to the server with them in though, dont know what it could be, do skin packs need to be uploaded to the server to work?

Nope, server only send [team], [driver] and [car] lines to each client and let's them handle the rest. If skin with those exact parameters can't be found, it uses default skin.

Please extract to your... \ Steam \ SteamApps \ [your name] \ race 07 folder

There's your problem, it's not a skin pack but a vehicle pack that adds new vehicles instead of skins. This is stupid as FRR is ingame content and custom skins work 100%.

here's my so far best setup, which resulted in a clean 1:28:850

Just to let you know, when I first uploaded this latest setup version, the radiator was at "2". Later I noticed that the car starts smoking after ~ 2 laps. So it's most likely recommended to have radiator at least at "3".
The setup in the post is updated to use radiator at "3". Just the ones who downloaded it quickly should have a look at it. ;)

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=31542
I found this basic f1 pack, i think its from simbin not as good looking as the 2011 pack or malboro mclaren 1 i found, but atleast it works on presto server and are better than default. Most skins i see are same install procedure and into c: drive install like 2011 so wont work online then ? there must be a way.

Fun race 3 - 23rd of January - Silverstone 2011

a link to download the track....

http://www.nogripracing.com/details.php?filenr=34805

Schedule (All times are British Time):

19:00 Free Practise
20:00 3 Practise Starts + Pit Stop Test
20:10 Qualifying (Superpole)
20:15 Warmup
20:20 Race (Duration: 2 x 22 minutes)

The races will feature changable weather!

Here is the link to the Formula RaceRoom download...

http://www.raceroom.net/games/race-07-formula-raceroom/

and a link to the no visor mod for Formula RaceRoom.....

http://www.nogripracing.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1401534

These races are to determine if Formula RaceRoom is to be added to the vote for season 10, if you can possibly make it please do, so your able to make an informed decision in the vote, if you cant thats no problem too, sign up below, thanks.

1. David Turnbull

p.s If Steeve would like to join we can use Marko's time scale for the races, the times above are usual PrestoGP times, so let us know Steeve, and if everyones in agreement we can put the time back by 30 minutes.

David, will you run the event 7h30 finally? I think i have decent chances to be here.

Let me know please!!

Steeve

this is the normal times for presto races......

19:00 Free Practise
20:00 3 Practise Starts + Pit Stop Test
20:10 Qualifying (Superpole)
20:15 Warmup
20:20 Race (Duration: 2 x 22 minutes)

if everyone can check these times below and post if they agree that 30 mins later is fine with them then steeve can join........

19:30 Free Practise
20:30 3 Practise Starts + Pit Stop Test
20:40 Qualifying (Superpole)
20:45 Warmup
20:50 Race (Duration: 2 x 22 minutes)

all times in british time again, please let us know.

*password for tomorrows fun race will be loki

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 266 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 175 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 177 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 131 7.6%
  • < 5 years