Sell Full Triple Screen immersion Rig - turnkey, ready to go

• Thread starter Deleted member 1417362
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1417362

• Deleted member 1417362

Completely unsure of whether to split or sell as whole - i would much rather sell as whole as i'd rather not have to split everything down and wait for it to sell in a few months, i'm in no rush so if this sparks someones interest so be it.

It would literally be an easy beginners step into streaming if you wanted.

Hard to list everything, but it is all up and running working and could - bar covid restrictions be tested.

Last night i did a night race at Brands on ACC and was clocking 70+fps to give you an idea of performance.

Only reason for sale is the 2 hours i've actually managed to use it in two months.

£2250

The Base Rig
  • For the chassis its running a budget ebay rig underneath, however this has been welded and strengthened. but it still splits in two parts.
  • Mounted to the frame is a triple screen mount, and drilled for multiple hole positions so you can move screens back of forward to suit.
  • Cobra Seat Rails, Cobra Sebring seat
  • Vesa bracket to hang from monitor for keyboard/mouse
PC
  • Ryzen 5, 3600g, Asus MB, Corsair 16gb, Corsair PSU, ATI Radeon RX5700XT, 1TB SSD, 1TBHD, Windows 10 Pro, x3 27" 1080p monitors

Wheels
  • G27 + Pedals + Leo Bodnar USB Adapter + magnetic shifter +
  • Thrustmaster TX base only (using G27 pedals)
  • GT1 Wheel chassis (unbuilt)
  • GT1 Wheel carbon replica, Nextion 4.2, x6 buttons, x2 enoders, x2 gear paddles, clutches
Additional Items
  • WindSim - Arduino Uno to x2 5.25" fans, ducts and reducers
  • Tactile Feedback - x2 Pucks, x1 USB Amp, x1 Class D sub amp, PSU
  • Racelogic - Nextion 3.2, arduino and 3d printed chassis (not finished but working)
  • Button Boxes x2
Accessories
  • Logitech Wireless keyboard\touchpad
  • Bluetooth headphones + Bluetooth adapter
  • Logitech webcam
  • Powered USB hub
  • x8 way power brick
  • Boom Mic
  • I've just started working on a fibre board hood so all that can be included as well
  • Also on foam matts which can go as well.
  • Literally everything for the rig, spare bolts, buttons, solder, stickers, cable ties etc etc.

• Deleted member 1417362

Pictures speak a thousand words as the saying goes to here we are :)

Attachments

• side.jpg
    side.jpg
    161.9 KB · Views: 249
  • Back.jpg
    Back.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_20210123_202104.jpg
    IMG_20210123_202104.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 243
  • Deleted member 1417362

Hi, Its still for sale, went on IRacing during the week and managed a whole 30mins before the kids burst in and powering down again lol

• Deleted member 1417362

Just thought i'd try and clarify a bit more, i've had a few PM's on this so in the first instance I'll describe the chassis and pricing which might give more of an insight should i need to break it down in the future.

Rig
The base rig itself is one of the ebay\amazon ones but as you'll see its far from standard.

The issue i found with it by default though was once the seat was bolted on the footplate was too raised, the wheel base was too low and the seat was too high.

So i modified it !!

A laser cut steel deck was made instead, two box section steel braces were welded to the frame - the deck was then raised and bolted directly to the box section rather than the frame - this braced and strengthened at the same time.

The wheel base deck is now pretty much infinitely adjustable and lockable by height, tilt, bolt pattern etc.

The retail on this rig at the moment is £69 from amazon so i value this between £40\50 without mods if one was to be for sale 2nd hand. So with the mods I'd be looking to recoup some of the welding, cnc costs at asking £75.

Triple Screen bracket
I knew early on i wanted triple screens and looked for a table top stand rather than the full separate unit. Having found one i then ruled out using a table "over" the rig as i wanted the monitors directly behind the wheel. The base of the monitor stand was welded to the top of the rig, additional holes tapped and screwed to allow back and forth movement of the stand on the plate - in turn adjusting how far away you have the monitors.

Triple monitor stand originally £50-£75

Cobra Seat Rails - £30
Cobra Sebring Seat - £75, The seat is a full bucket needing the rails, its not new, its out of date for FAI purposes and it is worn, and the side bolsters have a vinyl patches on but as far as functional - its perfect.

Hood \ Screen - Black fibre board from hobbycraft, believe i brought x4 A2 sheets about £6ea There is a bit left over as well

Vesa Bracket - £15
hanging keyboard mount. This fits to the vesa holes on the back of one of the monitors, at the moment i have this on the right hand monitor which is height adjustable but sits ergonomically ready if needed next to you.

HP Quick release vesa brackets - £10ea
These attach to the back of the monitors and allow quick removal of the monitors with a locking slider rather than screwing individually every monitor to the arm - which is hard to work on.

So i don't put a massive amount of value in the frame itself, coming in at circa £275

But for £275 you would (as somebody starting in the hobby like i did) get, an ergonomically adjustable, either single or triple screen setup, correctly proportioned to get the correct fov.

No electronics or anything else included.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 109 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 82 9.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 80 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 56 6.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 113 13.4%