Full screen not working on 4k tv.

Does anyone know how to fix this problem? the 4k tv plays the game in what I can only describe as letterbox mode. the game is a smaller square in the middle top with black bars around. Changing resolution to 4k or 1440 or 1080 makes no difference. This is probably my fault as I have been playing around with shaders and DirectX 9. changing the game file preferences DPI mode does change things but not in a good way, I only get a quarter of the screen? This is the only game that does it. Race 07 is fine.

What is your tv brand ? The best is to go on your TV brand model dedicated forum : in theory all 4k TVs are able to upscale any resolution to their native one, they are made to do that.
There is always the possibility to tweak image via dedicated video driver (nvidia/amd) like overscan or something like that.
In the end your mission is to find the good combo between TV mode and graphic card setting : there are always hidden or submenus options in modern TVs, and often the translations or the role of these options are not clear.

Thanks for your reply. I worked it out. Actually because I had reinstalled the game as a possible fix, I have just finished installing your HQ anniversary patch. Anyway the problem was the tv only supports 1440p at 23hz, and is also not proper 4k. So whenever I selected one of those it would fail and GTR2 would default to 800x600. The fix was to select 3840x2160. It was a real facepalm moment when I realised. So I had to thrash the BMW M3 around Imola as a distress.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 115 13.0%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 90 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 82 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 57 6.4%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 121 13.7%