PC2 Full Project CARS 2 Car List Reveal

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Project CARS 2 Full Car List Revealed.jpg

Slightly Mad Studios have revealed the list of machines due to ship with the upcoming Project CARS 2 game, including some impressive cars from past and modern motorsport.

With release across Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC scheduled for early September, SMS have upped the pace of announcements in recent weeks with confirmation of pre order bonus deals (details below) and now finally the full car list scheduled to appear in the new game.

Original only expected to contain 170 vehicles, it appears that PCARS 2 will now rack up the numbers to 180 cars from nine disciplines of motorsport and 29 motorsport series.

Project CARS 2 is available to pre order now for all platforms and comes in tow different packages, Standard and Deluxe -

The Standard Edition includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Japanese Car Pack (Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R, Honda Project 2&4, Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A, Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX)
Standard Edition is available for Xbox One (£49.99), PlayStation 4 (£49.99) and Windows PC (£44.99).

The Deluxe Edition Includes:
  • The Full Game
  • The Season Pass
  • The Japanese Car Pack (Honda Euro Spec Civic Type-R, Honda Project 2&4, Nissan Skyline GT-R (R32) Group A, Nissan 280ZX IMSA GTX)
  • The Motorsports Pack (Jaguar E-Type V12, Group 44, Panoz Esperante GTR-1, Audi V8 DTM, Opel Astra TCR)
Deluxe Edition is available for Xbox One (£74.99), PlayStation 4 (£74.99) and Windows PC (£69.98).

The Cars:
Project CARS 2 Group 4.jpg

Project CARS 2 Group 5.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group 6.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group A.jpg
Project CARS 2 Group C.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT1.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT3 Pt1.jpg
Project CARS 2 GT3 Pt2.jpg

Project CARS 2 will be available for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC 22nd September 2017.

The Project CARS 2 sub forum here at RaceDepartment is the place to go for all the latest news and discussion around this exciting new game from Slightly Mad Studios. Check out the sub forum, get involved in the discussion and join our community as we await release later this year!

What do you think of the car list reveal for Project CARS 2? Which cars are you particularly keen to try once the game is released? Any cars missing you would like to see added in future DLC offerings? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
A fictional formula car.
Well, yes, but based on what..? Expected specs for 2018 F1? Pure fantasy? A mix of both? I can't really see much as the picture is really tiny in the shot.

Edit: So I saved and enlarged the pic... It seems to have the windshield expected to be coming to F1, but also a weird head rest and strange sidepod and wing shapes. So, basically fantasy, I suppose.

• Deleted member 130869

4 Group C cars that can battle each other on track, let's see if the quality of the game is up to the licensing. Maybe the TBA vintage prototype will be the 330 Ferrari. It would match up perfectly.

I don't know if there's any other game out there that includes GT4 cars, I'd kill to have a mod for them in rFactor or AC. I enjoy lower class race cars for some reason...

Anyway, I may have to wait for a few weeks after the release to see if people actually find it good.

90% of the cars are old or ugly.
Indycar is great, but i wish there are the old champ cars available around '98 - 2000. Missing some touring car series like Wttc or seat leon cup, mini cooper cup, polo cup.

I don't know if there's any other game out there that includes GT4 cars, I'd kill to have a mod for them in rFactor or AC. I enjoy lower class race cars for some reason...

Anyway, I may have to wait for a few weeks after the release to see if people actually find it good.
Assetto Corsa has 3 GT4 cars(official) and there is an excellent Ginetta GT4 mod :thumbsup:

I like the look of the car list, GT3/4/5 were about the best of the first game and despite my lingering pCARS reservations I have preordered, at £37 on Steam it's about the right price for me to give it a go - even the sometimes questionable key resellers aren't much cheaper. The DLC can definitely wait until I get hands-on with the final product though. I do enjoy Rift VR, though it is far from essential, so games that support it tend to get my money.

On the other hand this video interview with old 'Stig' Ben didn't inspire much confidence. Sounds a lot like what was said about pCARS and there is lots of talk about making the cars slide around. He says pCARS was intuitive to drive but I found the snap oversteer an issue on most cars. The only part I agreed with was at 6mish where he talks about modern cars having little steering feedback through assisted systems.

PCARS2 build up is like riding a rollercoaster, I see videos like the McLaren test driver talking and ISRTV after E3 and think it looks improved. Then I see this one and think he is basically saying PCARS was good and they've improved the weather system, added some drift type events and made it look better but that is about all.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 99 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 177 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 353 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 493 39.2%