full of mod questions (the revenge)

Hi again, everybody...;)

gtr2 even after years since its launch, seems to have no horizon, at least to me, there are so many, so many mods that we could spend years discovering them .....
unfortunately I do not have that time, (even in absolute quarantine, and without work), so I have to ask those who know ...:)

Before asking you should know that::O_o:
I only play gtr2 endurace style: only circuits with night lighting (lamp posts).
I said it a thousand times., and I repeat it again..my pc is a king potato (only intel i5 3.4ghz- video onboard intel HD grapichs)

In addition to the stock circuits (all have night lighting) I have these:

Bahrain_GTR2_V2_1
LagunaSecaALMS_GTR2_V1_21
Le.Mans.2012.v1.3.GTR2
VLM_LeMans_9196_V1_GTR2
Lime.Rock.Park.v1.01.GTR2
Mid-Ohio.Virtua_LM.v1.0.GTR2
Misano_GTR2_V2_2
Nordschleife.VLN.EEC.v1.01.GTR2
Nuerburgring.2005.v3.0.GTR2
Road.America.ALMS.2008.v1.1.GTR2
Rouen-les-Essarts.Virtua_LM.v1.02.GTR2
Salzburgring 2009 by COm8 GTR2 V1.1
Sebring.IR.ALMS.v1.0.GTR2
Sugo_GTR2_V3_1

... I have all of virtua lm (except fuji, which have a bug), and only -only- circuits with night lighting. I know there are other tracks of excellent quality, but when it is night, everything is dark ... even in the pits:cautious:. (neither touring circuits) that is why I do not choose or use them. I have a rule: circuits only with night lighting, and ONLY friendly fps.
the above mentioned tracks have (very) friendly fps
The use of stock tracks, or above-mentioned mod tracks have the following performance in fps:
day: 60-120 fps
at night with night lighting: 40-90fps (depending on where the car aims)
at night with rain and night lighting: 30-60fps (under these conditions I use it very rarely)
all this only with video onboard (and low-med graphics)

QUESTIONS:
1-I do not have any "neel jani" circuit, I have tried them and they are excellent ... but when it is at night ... and only when the night lighting turns on ... PUM the fps drop to 18-30 fps. ..:cry:it is only in its circuits and only when the lamp posts are turned on. I had to discard all his circuits. (that's why I don't mention them above) apparently they use a new light effect ..
Any way to change them?

2-fuji vlm: they have a bug, in the classification (first or second, it is random) one of ia's cars, appears floating in one of the trees:roflmao: ... not in his garage (more than 20 cars) (end sector 1). causing a yellow flag, and the lap times are reduced ... then in the race, the game places him in front of me ...
any solution? It is a very popular circuit ... I do not understand how nobody saw it ... I have downloaded it from various sites ... they all have the same problem.
------------

now come rare questions or taboo:

As I use gtr2 only for gt or group C cars, I only use these mods:
-Group C IMSA GTP 1983-1993 Mod for GTR2 by Merlin75
-grid gt (only gt-LM and gt-D cars)

questions:
3- I saw at least 3 different mods from group C, as I only use the one above (it contains 46 group C cars !!!) I ask:
Is there a more complete or more detailed mod than that? Another one with better physics? ... I ask this to those who have spent years or have tried many mods.

4- I have seen a mod containing GT3 cars from the years 2019-20 :cautious::whistling:
Has anyone tried them? Is it dangerous (virus)? Do they have good physics or are they just pretty models and nothing else? FPS FRIENDLY?
Is there a similar mod?

5-in addition to the cars of group C, the 2003-2004 gt1s that come with the game, the modern gt3s ...... I am missing 2 kinds of cars: the group 5 (like those of the drm), and one of touring cars.
(not to mention the bpr mod, which I didn't like)

Before, I used the DRM Revival Mod v2.0b by merlin 75 mod ... but as I mentioned in a previous thread, it was only a conversion, its handling was very rare.:cautious:
Has anyone tried the mod "eSR Classic Trophy 2014 v1.01"? This has a long list of group 5 cars. Is there a similar one? How are their physics?:O_o:

6-about tourist cars I know nothing (wtcc or btcc) ... I used the mod "
eSR World Touring Car Series v1.01 "that contains all the wtcc cars from 2005-2013 (!!!) .... but I was not convinced ... if they know a more complete or more realistic physics (or more" old "style), let me know ...
(I have read that the golden era of the tourism car -btcc or wtcc- was in the 90's) but there are many mods and I am lost.

Thank you.

Last edited:
The text may be too long and exhausting to read :) for a lot of readers.
With your hardware which is better than mine :)
Possible many people lose interest in answering it, which should be upgraded first - its the modern opinion.
However, your opinion about the mods is extremely excellent!
- DRM I have the same feeling, a rFactor-lite installation approx. 300 mb and try DRM on the original platform, don't be alarmed, rF1 looks very old and dusty as version 1255 default :).
They don't have a GTR233 as rF1260 :) that optimizes this, you have to do it yourself according to your own taste.
However, you then have an insight as to whether this physics approach appeals to you more.
The same applies to the TCL Touring Cars Legends Mod, which is unfortunately too far away from the "Sim reality" on the GTR2 platform.
My little ego Drive such cars in real (since the 80s), if the healthy is better, than now -for example.
WTCC2005-2013 and also BTCC is great, because I am also looking for challenging driving physics for GTR2, the STCC and Race Clone, so Simbin-based I go too much on the mass market and the drifting :).
An i5 processor is already ok, maybe you need a graphics card, test beforehand whether the mainboard network respects that.
And there are Power&Glory 3.2 - here i dont critize the Driver-physics (yes and this from me :) ), because the Simbin optimized ISI-Engine of GTR2 is limited, but the P&G Team done a fantastic job !
A super Team made a super product about a decade of programming and modding in my opinion.

Thank you very much for answering...

please ... if anyone has knowledge of the questions mentioned, please ask for their opinion ..

In short (not to get dizzy, I just summarize the questions I asked above ... and they haven't been fully answered yet)::
-neel jani circuits, fps and lighting (see above)
-fuji vlm bug (see above)

-asks for the various mods of group c ... (there are several, and asked if there are better or more real ... "Group C IMSA GTP 1983-1993 Mod for GTR2" by Merlin75 did a great job, but when there were several mods, asked for others: like "C-ERA", and jempy also mentioned a job)

-sj modding team GT3 2019-2020: mod opinion

-group 5, opinion of mod "eSR Classic Trophy 2014 v1.01"
(Contains gr2 and gr5 cars. According to the mod designer, all cars are "matched" in specs ... it seems unreal, but fair.
I mean, there are cars that seem very slow, but since they are all equal in characteristics, a mini can beat a Camaro in straight lines:confused:, both in group 2.
and in group 5 and a Ferrari 512 bb lm - (from Lemans) has the same features as drm cars ..... I know that the mod was made like this (all paired) but I wondered if it is not unreal) the mod is excellent in details, and cars;).

-asked by some mod of cars of the wtcc or btcc ... the best, or more accomplished:
eSR World Touring Car Series v1.01
WTCC 1987 TCL Mod for GTR2 v1.2 (here in RD)
btcc? ...others....??? :O_o::geek:

sorry my bad english (google translator)

sorry .... forget to mention that there is a mod called "WTCC 2006-2010 (Update)" in KBB (koelschbierbude) made by GTR233 (paul?) or at least so says the "readme" .... I add to the already mentioned touring mods, to ask. ;)

Oh no I did not make it, it is a mod made by DeepStrike, I have only made few fixes long time ago that derDumeklemmer has added to the mod, some work still need to be done and it is FIN who works on it now for kbb : keep in mind it is a mod made for online use.
Esr world touring mod by SiGi is more interesting for offline as you have real seasons (some skins are missing for few years though)

Thank you very much for answering ... the truth, I am very lost in the touring cars ... there are many many years and seasons ... I was just asking which was the best ... (best mod, not season), (btcc Do you know souper touring?) especially if it is "old school 90´s"

I thank you all for answering, if you can help answer any of the other questions, I would be happy.

It is a question of taste, so hard to give an objective answer, that's why nobody answers :D
In the end the best answer is to try and to make your own opinion :
- test > like > keep it
- test > dislike > delete it
I think most people do that :)

Yes ... in the end I'm testing, but having so many ... I'm sure I don't know all of them. Maybe someone indicates that a mod or car is more realistic in one mod than in another .... and since there are many of the same car, there is always the doubt. that and any bugs they may have.

about the bugs and queries that I left above ... I leave them open in case anyone knows.

thank you very much to all.:)

"The job I mentioned" is still at work for a part and needs some improvements for another part.

We already have a nearly full Group C mod running ( VLM conversion one with permission ) ... without 962C Porsche but well only 956 ( more than 200 liveries ) until now... and many other cars of course.
This one already exists somewhere .... but needs improvements before being released at RD: some are already done ... some not yet finished ( as missing good shaders for most cars and not perfect banner aspect from inside cockpit for example )

But we also have new scratch made Group C2 as Spice ( more than 80 skins ), Tiga ( surely as many liveries too ) and we're working on the Argo JM16.
All of them with different engines and tyres.
All of those cars are also made to join in a very complete Le Mans mod history from the 60s to the 90s ( including Imsa ) ...
We're also planning to release those Group C2 cars here at RD in the future ..... but we're still much too busy working on the next pack of cars.... to make everything ready for such a well done pack as it still needs improvement.

NB: If you're in a hurry, as we still take our time ;) ...( life is not only Simracing ) ... you just search Absolute Le Mans Mod in Google and you'll surely find it.
Sorry ... no link allowed. ...... even if you already guess it ( and another one is fully private )

Last edited:
@cangrejin : If you like wtcc-stcc cars then go buy the FULL SIMBIN BUNDLE with STEAM SUMMER SALE at -50% discount : all that stuff for 15€ is total bargain !
Just say that because GTR2 engine was made for GTs cars and especially RWD : wtcc-stcc cars (many are FWD) drive much better in Race engine especially with a better tyre model so go buy original wtcc-stcc game instead of gtr2 conversion and you won't regret it for sure ;)

yes, obviously race-race 07 is optimized for touring cars, only I already have several types of "gmotor" games .... F1C, Rfactor, GTR2 ... and adding another only brings more mods and searches ... I only use f1c for f1s, and gtr2 for gts. (rfactor I don't know why, but I don't like it).

I add some questions and answers:
-jempy ... surely the mod they complete will be excellent:) ... in the meantime ... I suppose that Group C IMSA GTP 1983-1993 Mod for GTR2 "of Merlin75 is the" closest "or complete of that era .. .

-as no one answered, it's my turn to try the mod sj modding team gt3 2019-20.:whistling:

-about group 5 ... (or drm): I discard the mod drm revival 2.0b, as I already mentioned, it is just a conversion, it lacks polishing.
"eSR Classic Trophy 2014 v1.01" ... so far, it is the most accomplished and complete mod of that era that I have driven (gr2-gr5). very well detailed, it shows a lot the great detail of each car, and the effort put into the mod. 9 + / 10
on this era I only need to try the "old" mods of the porsche 911 turbo cup (there are 3 on the internet), and 3 mods of the BMW M1 Procar

-about touring cars (tc): it's a shame, besides being esr wtcc 2005-2013 .... there are few old touring mods. (Yes, I know, this super touring world btcc 90-00, which is the most complete there is, but it is beyond my reach, it is very large and "exclusive" in terms of size ... and time.) .... As I said, look for dtm 80-90s, but there are almost none, they are good, but not complete. of the single season wtcc or btcc mods there are no "loose" or "separate".:(

of modern tc (2014-2020) there is not. (yes, but in closed forums) is a shame.:(

only one remains (in addition to the esr wtcc 2005-2013): the
"Seat Leon Cup Racer 2014 v1.0 GTR2" Mod created by tommy78 for rFactor 2, GTR2 Conversion by merlin75 and germanstig. the model is excellent !!!:confused::confused::confused: I don't know why it's not that well known ... I don't get it. They have a single modern tc with many many paintings ... and the cockpit is very detailed. the problem they have is just that it is "1.0" and it shows as just a conversion:O_o:. it's fwd, and its rain tires don't work. otherwise it is excellent. you can see it was made for rf2, it's very detailed.

To finish, there are several touring mods made by "furinkazen" some are on facebook, others on eec, some are "discontinued" and others have similar names, others "evolution" ... the truth is i'm lost.:O_o::cautious::sick:

if someone has a mod to mention and that I don't know ... be free to mention it.

In fact Merlin's Group C mod and the VLM conversion one by AMT are different .... most models are different.
Merlin's mod are the models after ours mostly.
Merlin's Group C mod has Porsche 962, Allard, Brun C91, Eagle, Mazda 787b etc....
while ours has: Porsche 956, Cougar, Ford C100, Grid S1 and S2 , Nimrod, Sauber C7, Rondeau, WM Peugeot etc.... ( more LM cars finally as it is a VLM RF1 conversion with permission )

Later Group C for one .... earlier Group C for the other one ;) .... while the new C2 cars are more connected to the later C1 cars than earlier ones ! :D

I'm nauseated, I'm dizzy ...:roflmao:
If I understand: the merlin 75 gr.C 83-93 is of more "modern" or "last" cars of the gr.C and yours will be from previous cars and c2 (category 2), it also has modern C cars, but less than Merlin's ...

These are the cars of the grC that contains the mod of merlin75, and I only mention those that are in the LeMans category in black underlined font (they are right, in the lm category, they are few, but if I add the World Sports Championship, Group C Le Mans 24 Hours, IMSA 1983-1993, All Japan Sports Prototypes, IMSA Series, and all Prototypes 1983-1993, are as follows:

ALLARD J2X
BRM P351
BRUN C91
CORVETTE GTP
EAGLE HF-90 TOYOTA
EAGLE MKIII TOYOTA
FORD PROBE
GEBHARDT C901
INTREPID RM-1 CHEVROLET
JAGUAR XJR-12
JAGUAR XJR-12D
JAGUAR XJR-14
JAGUAR XJR-5
JAGUAR XJR-9
KONRAD KM/011
LANCIA LC2
LOLA T92/10 JUDD
MARCH 86G
MAZDA 767
MAZDA 787
MAZDA 787B
MAZDA MXR-01
MERCEDES-BENZ C11
MERCEDES-BENZ C291
NISSAN GTP ZX-T
NISSAN NP35
NISSAN P35
NISSAN R90CK
NISSAN R90CP
NISSAN R91CK
NISSAN R91CP
NISSAN R92CP
PEUGEOT 905
PEUGEOT 905 EVO 1
PEUGEOT 905 EVO 1 bis

PEUGEOT 905 EVO 2
PORSCHE 956
PORSCHE 956 GTI
PORSCHE 956B
PORSCHE 962
PORSCHE 962 CK6
PORSCHE 962 GTI

PORSCHE 962 C
SAUBER MERCEDES C9
TOYOTA 90C-V
TOYOTA 92C-V
TOYOTA TS010

-About physics, I suppose it will be the same or better the new mod they make (I don't know about physics of gr C)
-About modeling, I also suppose the same.

-What is AMT? I can't find that mod you mean ...

thanks for making it clear.

I made a mistake for some cars .... both mods have them as namely Porsche 956.
I simply forgot I didn't install all of them when they were in both mods.

Here's the list of the cars of the other mod: you'll see immediately many other cars .... so both mods can be installed and work together .... according to the chosen year for a race.

vs8o.jpg

AMT is Absolute Modding Team

Both mods are not concurrent .... in fact they complement each other ... and their origins are different.

Having so many models for Group C is really a chance ... most C2 cars were missing ... they are now being added.

Yes - very interesting.
Whats your opinion about the GroupC mods, VLM Junior is at home possible on rfactor also.
But merlins75 ? - Nice physic-feeling, and sound ?

I have the same situation with the WTCC for example 2005-2013, 2000-2005 also.
It would be fantastic to get a better, harder to drive feeling.
Since a lot of years i search and test and test and test, if it possible to get a little bit "simualation feeling" in it in GTR2.
O.K. in the past i bought Race07, and sold it 3 days later - the wipers nice, but no feeling on my Steering Wheels.
If you search software - mods to test, for GTR2 any servers are opened with a uge database, search here for example tr.....team .
Best greetings mike

A little question here:

Is the track you mentioned Le.Mans.2012.v1.3.GTR2 the SAJones' one?
There was no lighting as I was using it but it was far superior to any other LM in GTR2.

Do you have a newer version perhaps? I am sure I was using the 1.3

I answer:
I don't know anything about physics ... but the group C mod, from merlin 75 is "challenging", you have to adjust the car setup to be able to master it. Yes, they are very VERY powerful, demanding and sensitive, but configurable to have a "smooth" handling, and they enjoy a lot, that's for sure.
and no, I haven't seen any bugs until now (1 year using it)

about the WTCC eSR World Touring Car Series v1.01 (2005-2013): their physics are good, what can I say, they are fwd, as they are taken from the race game, they are very compatible, it is very noticeable that they are tourings in the handling. for me they do well.
I needed some old touring car (90s), but when comparing them with these (2005-2013), I didn't see big differences ... they really are competitive.
You also have many well-known tc cars and drivers.
About bugs, almost none, only one (1) "rare" texture, and some tires of a specific car that do not heat. that's it.

I would say that of all the mods I have tried, this one is very very complete along with merlin 75 group C.
(Of course, there is the super touring world, but it's too much for me, I use gtr2 for a few mods, I don't have any mod that changes the base game a lot).

-About lemans 2012 1.3, I don't know what you mean, I don't understand you. the one I mention is in esportracing ... just look for it as "lemans 2012". update: I was testing the circuit, if they have night lights, very basic, but the characteristics of the asphalt were very "slippery", I mean that the tires did not heat above "yellow" in the "mod XD" viewfinder (at discard the circuit).
in VLM Lemans if it seems realistic, although it has the old layout (1996), I think it is the best le mans designed. (There are newer ones, but as I said well above in the first message, I can't use any "neel jani" circuit ... does anyone help me?):)

I just wanted to be sure if you mean this one:

Because it is the best modern LM for gtr2 IMHO but it has no lights.
I thought maybe you have some new version of it.

It is much better than this one:

If I understand: the merlin 75 gr.C 83-93 is of more "modern" or "last" cars of the gr.C and yours will be from previous cars and c2 (category 2), it also has modern C cars, but less than Merlin's ...

Merlin's mod focus more the years from 1986-1994
VLM's mod 1982-1985

Merlin's mod, I must say, it's my favorite mod, because, first, to me Group C is the best era in racing, and, two, it has the cars that to me are the coolest, from that era (mainly 1989-1991), except the Aston Martin AMR1, which was never made, unfortunately...

Especially in the past few months, I've been driving a lot, the cars from Merlin's mod (the LC2, 1990 905, C9, C11, XJR12, and 5 versions of the 962). I've been having a blast, driving and fine tuning them... I've actually done fuel stints with each one of them, to see their mileage and how the tires hold up... The only thing that I've found strange it was how fast the brakes go, on the 905 and the XJR12, especially when their fuel stints last for over an hour...

While I'm at it:
I've been trying to recreate a carset for a personal offline championship, and I've been wondering how many people works with this mod, and if there's anyone who had some talent to paint cars (mainly change the numbers, and recreate some basic liveries, to make it more as if they were from 2020)... If there is, can you please PM me? Thanks.

Cheers

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 103 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 145 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 274 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing