F1 2018 Full F1 2018 Classic Car Content Revealed!

F1 2018 The Game (Codemasters)

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
F1 2018 - Ferrari 312T2.png F1 2018 - McLaren M23D 1976.png F1 2018 Ferrari 312 T4.png F1 2018 Lotus 72D.png F1 2018 Lotus 79.png F1 2018 McLaren MP4 18.pngF1 2018 Brawn GP a.jpg F1 2018 Williams c.jpg
Fans of yesteryear rejoice! F1 2018 will contain no less than eight classic cars, with some real eye catching models due to come to the game later this year...

Of course the new title will feature all the cars, teams, drivers and tracks of the current Formula One World Championship, however one of the more eye catching pieces of content from the new game will be the now ever present inclusion of classic content, spanning the 1970's, 80's and early 2000's with some of the most dramatic and competitive cars of their respective eras...

While it remains to be see exactly how these cars will feature in the newly expanded career mode, hopefully less awkward than the previous edition "guest" test sessions, it is nevertheless a very welcome inclusion into a game that aims to appeal to a wide audience of new and old Formula One fans the world over.

As well as the "historic" content set to feature in the game, F1 2018 will also include the full 2017 grid from last year, so if the new regulations aren't quite your thing, then you can always drop back to last season for your Grand Prix kicks!

Full Classic Content:
  • McLaren M23D
  • Ferrari 312 T2
  • Brawn BGP001
  • Lotus 72D
  • Lotus 79
  • McLaren MP4/18
  • Ferrari 312 T4
  • Williams FW25

Formula One 2018 is scheduled to release for Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and PC August 24th 2018.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

Happy with the car selection from F1 2018? Any obvious omissions you would have liked to have seen in the upcoming new game? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
A little too big gap in my opinion between 1982 and 2003 but meh... what can we do.
Not like CM is asking us about their content. Not like we gonna buy it. They will, I guess. :rolleyes:
Still waiting for one whole classic cars season. 1985, say. :sneaky:
McLaren from 1982 is still :inlove: a cookie !

Will probably never happen because of the licensing demon.

Third party mods sure, but not at the product level.
The studio needs to get written consent of every significant license (from carmaker to visible sponsors).

Will probably never happen because of the licensing demon

Yep, that was exactly what went through my mind. Especially with a very widely know game like the F1 titles.

It would be lovely to have all these classic tracks and cars but without the licensing agreements you would have no chance.

Reiza got away with renaming their real circuits because the game is small and unknown in comparison. I think Codemasters would never get away with it.

However Reiza did get dragged across hot coals for their interpretation of F1 cars, so no-one is immune from the licensing demons as you say.

will there be an ultimate edition of Formula 1 the Game one day that includes every car of F1 history from 1950 till now plus some concept such as MP4-X:rolleyes:

I think there is a mod for F1 2002 (or something like that) that has exactly that - takes up a hilarious amount of harddrive space. (like 70 gigabytes or so) far as I remember.

edit - found a FB link (but I am kind of getting the vibe that you may have been aware of this the whole time - due to the emoticon you chose in the end of your post... hm... if, then sorry for being so slow.

Anyhow - the link. https://www.facebook.com/F1CHALLENGEVB/

I think there is a mod for F1 2002 (or something like that) that has exactly that - takes up a hilarious amount of harddrive space. (like 70 gigabytes or so) far as I remember.

edit - found a FB link (but I am kind of getting the vibe that you may have been aware of this the whole time - due to the emoticon you chose in the end of your post... hm... if, then sorry for being so slow.

Anyhow - the link. https://www.facebook.com/F1CHALLENGEVB/
Thanks I've seen the screenshot of something like that(about 10 years ago), though not sure if it's exactly the one in this link. F1 2002 cannot choose seasons, it must be F1 Challenge '99-'02;)
(I choose Emotion kind of randomly here:sneaky: because I cannot find what we would like to use in Chinese Websites, Most used emotion in China is the one showed in this website:cool:)

Am I the only who find this (announcement) a bit :alien: confusing ?

In addition with latest F1 2018 season cars, are we gonna get:
- a full 2017 season with modern F1 cars or
- all "classic" cars from 2017 game or
- both. :whistling:
Pray for last but somehow I doubt my prayers will be answered.

Am I the only who find this (announcement) a bit :alien: confusing ?

In addition with latest F1 2018 season cars, are we gonna get:
- a full 2017 season with modern F1 cars or
- all "classic" cars from 2017 game or
- both. :whistling:
Pray for last but somehow I doubt my prayers will be answered.

We´ll get all 2017 classic cars, the current cars and in addition the new revealed classic cars from the 70s and 80s and for people like me, who preoder, they will get the 2003 bmw and the 2009 brawn aswell. But you can buy the preorder content from this years game also 60days after release...

We´ll get all 2017 classic cars, the current cars and in addition the new revealed classic cars from the 70s and 80s...
Mate... are you sure we won't get FULL season of modern cars from 2017 season ? :cautious:
As well as the "historic" content set to feature in the game, F1 2018 will also include the full 2017 grid from last year, so if the new regulations aren't quite your thing, then you can always drop back to last season for your Grand Prix kicks!
"full 2017 grid" I can only understood as the modern 2017 season, not "classic" cars. Don't know about you...

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back