F1 2013 Fuel & Tyre Sim "On/Off" Option Non-existent

F1 2013 The Game (Codemasters)

Chris

Premium
Hi all,

I posted this issue on the codies technical assistance forum to see if anyone else has encountered this problem, but so far, no one has.

Basically whats happening is that the Fuel and Tyre simulation options dont exist. So in races, i have no tyre wear, and a very light car with no fuel consumption.
I cannot change the fuel mixture settings in the garage, or on track.
2013-10-04_00002.jpg

2013-10-04_00004.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And when I want to see the % of tyre life left on a set of tyres when in the garage, it only lets me select the compound of tyre, it doesn't let me select a specific set.

2013-10-04_00003.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I go into the difficulty settings, there's no option to turn the tyre and fuel sim on or off. In fact the tyre and fuel sim isn't even listed.
2013-10-04_00001.jpg

I'm playing on PC and have got all assists and aids turned off. If anyone has had this problem, it would be nice to know that i'm not the only person in the entire world with this issue. I don't necessarily need a solution (although that would be nice), as this seems like the type of problem that only a patch from CM can fix. But I just need recognition that someone else out that has had this problem. :)

Last edited:
i just had this and tried parc ferme and ydt but it didn't work but tried difficulty in main hub and in garage and i got the options back, sorry i can't report exactly what i did but it worked. I'm in bahrain, first 3 gps fine and then i hit this bug, kept going in and out changing difficulty and i got it back again. It's really annoying but there seems to be a fix if you either change difficulty in settings or main hub and it comes back again - this game is so frustrating!!!!!

Not sure if this is the same as i'm on the Xbox but I couldn't find anywhere to turn on tyre scaling \ fuel sim so it sounds similar. Does this method require you to redo the YDT?
Since you will be starting a new profile from scratch, and also selecting to begin from day one, yes, unfortunately it will.
Haven't tried it on the Xbox though. Did it on the PC.

I figured out a workaround:

Start a new profile, when the game asks you if you want to skip to day two on the YDT (if you have f1 2012), go to day one. You should now have the missing options. Both in career and regular grand prix mod.

How do you start a new profile? This game is sooo confusing. I have checked everywhere and can't find the option. Please help.

I have the same problem, only it rose to the 4 Grand Prix, the first time I just went on intermediate tires, I thought that going back to slicks choice of fuel and tire wear. this did not happen in addition continued to flicker light. before the grand prix everything was normal. how to fix it?

one guy (dsquare) gave this advice in the official codemasters f1 2013 forum which fixed it for me and many others:
"I also had the same problem but i resolved it. First , just change the difficulty preset to legend then change the assists to the way you want. And then it would all start working. It worked for me."

Hy. I have a problem. In carrer mode and grand prixI, when i drive i can't chose fuel which i want (rich, normal, lean) and i see here on forum that everibody is complaining about the tyres that they die early. I can drive with a set of options for 20 laps without problem. When i go to an online game, i can drive with the tyres 6-7 laps and i can chose the fuel i want. I don't know is it a mod failure or what. I instaled this mods:

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/tires-edition-2013.75919/

and

http://www.racedepartment.com/forum/threads/leds-mod.75108/#post-1535702

I uninstaled the game, deleted all files in the folder, downloaded the game again, played again and the same hapends. I dont really know, is there maybe a folder that saves all that what i did or what. Because when i erased the game and installed again, the first time i started the game i had mi old profile to chose.
Can please somebody help me...thanks

@BureX

This is now a know bug (fuel/tyres), many people are having problems.

These mods are unlikely to be at fault. However when testing is is always advisable to remove all mods, then test..

I am merging your thread into an existing thread discussing the fuel/tyre problem

After reading this thread I'm really confused.

I have the ability to change fuel mixtures and fuel loads plus tyres when in the pits and when on track yet using the D-pad but I do not see any options to turn tyre and fuel on and off in the simulation settings.

Is this normal or am I missing the options too?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back