F1 2011 Fuel Sim Probs

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
I am on season 2 in a Sauber, no assists, all sims on, and have a problem.

Last two races I have run out of fuel, red light comes on two laps out and I stutter in losing a dozen places in the process. Especially annoying when I was winning at Brazil for last race of the season.

Didnt change the fuel mix throughout these races as I was doing well ... dont recall seeing a minus figure on the status HUD but must say I have a job taking my off the track,, the Engineer didnt say anything ..

Am I missing something here should I (or can I) add more fuel at the start of the race, or is it just up to me to manage it better by changing the fuel mix? Shouldnt the engineer be telling me I have a problem?

Thanks for any help...

No, you can't add more fuel. If it's saying "Optimal" it's sometimes not really good, tho. You should always aim to start your last lap with fuel for +1 lap, that's what always worked perfectly fine for me.

BTW It looks like the forthcoming F1 2012 will have an adjustable fuel load before the race ...

That'd mean, at least for me, that I'm starting with some more fuel and burn it down towards the end. Then again, you can't refuel during the race...so lots of people might get into trouble if they're not checking their fuel load every 5-6 laps. :)

When the fuel light starts to flash you have about 2 laps of fuel left in standard Mix 2.
If you drive from t-cam view or chase view you can see this in the HUD in the bottom right. If you drive from cockpit view you can only see that HUD display when you look behind you, so i spend a lot of time on the last 3 lap of the race looking behind me to check the fuel light.

if your fuel light is flashing before starting the penultimate lap you may not make it to the end on standard mix.....

Thanks for the replies... so I suppose the answer is to use lean for at least 10 laps in the race if Ive only used standard for the rest. The only problem is remembering to switch... suppose could set the timer on my watch!!

Thanks for the replies... so I suppose the answer is to use lean for at least 10 laps in the race if Ive only used standard for the rest. The only problem is remembering to switch... suppose could set the timer on my watch!!

It won't work if you're doing it because a timer tells you to. It will work if you change it depending on your situation. :)

i do it different , and it works fine . lets take canada for example ... there i drive sector 1 and part of 2 with mix 1 and then switch to mix 3 for the straights . really works , but you should sometimes turn to mix 2 instead of 3

No, you can't add more fuel. If it's saying "Optimal" it's sometimes not really good, tho. You should always aim to start your last lap with fuel for +1 lap, that's what always worked perfectly fine for me.
You are losing valuable seconds by not using up all your fuel, you can still probably power out a 2 laps still on high fuel on optimal alone, if it ever says -1 lap fuel u will still finish the race, it will just start jerking, i usually get this in the last 1-2 laps in a 50% race so ill just switch between low/normal, my aim us to see it say -1 just as i cross the line so i know i've used every tiny bit of fuel

I am on season 2 in a Sauber, no assists, all sims on, and have a problem.

Last two races I have run out of fuel, red light comes on two laps out and I stutter in losing a dozen places in the process. Especially annoying when I was winning at Brazil for last race of the season.

Didnt change the fuel mix throughout these races as I was doing well ... dont recall seeing a minus figure on the status HUD but must say I have a job taking my off the track,, the Engineer didnt say anything ..

Am I missing something here should I (or can I) add more fuel at the start of the race, or is it just up to me to manage it better by changing the fuel mix? Shouldnt the engineer be telling me I have a problem?

Thanks for any help...
You say you running no assists in season 2, did you use auto gears in season1? if so then thats why you're puzzled as auto gears uses a lot less fuel than manual. It's all about high revs, the auto box changes up well before a manual user would, also your gear ratios might be set so you are running high revs a lot? Using first gear a lot also increases fuel consumption. Changing the mix for different parts of the circuit as Dimitrios says is a good way to manage it (thats what I do) also use lean to eek out some extra laps on your tyres or when being "towed" behind another car, check OSD regular and you should be OK.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back