Fuel Consumption

DND

Stay Safe, Healthy and be Kind - BLM
Original poster
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
To calculate my race fuel I use my practice lap times to the overall race length and set the amount of fuel laps, generally I can get it within 2 laps. This weekend I missed it by so much in my practice race distance I thought I made a mistake. But after replicating it in the race I knew something was off. 36% off!
Recently I was made aware of the dash display pages for fuel, I am not seeing the fuel consumption by lap as I would have expected. Am I missing something as all I see is the same info,,, Number of gallons and expected laps remaining.
Any suggestions would be appreciated

edit: I did map to flip display pages (sorry)

Last edited:

Andi Goodwin

500RPM
Jul 19, 2010
you can map a button that will cycle through the various motec hud options in the controllers options

Andi

Majuh

500RPM
Nov 26, 2010
Some cars unfortunately can't display the fuel consumption rate because their Motec doesn't support it, f.e. the GT3 Corvette.

DND

Original poster
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
Some cars unfortunately can't display the fuel consumption rate because their Motec doesn't support it, f.e. the GT3 Corvette.
Is it a particular Motec as I tried the FR3 and it had same results as the ADAC '18 Corvette. Can you provide a car you know does have it, it may put this to bed sooner.:unsure:

Majuh

500RPM
Nov 26, 2010
Is it a particular Motec as I tried the FR3 and it had same results as the ADAC '18 Corvette. Can you provide a car you know does have it, it may put this to bed sooner.:unsure:
The old Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 for example definitely has a l/lap estimation on the third dashboard page.

Reactions: DND

DND

Original poster
Staff
Premium
Dec 12, 2016
Thanks @Andi Goodwin and @Majuh for the help. I tried the Merc and it worked as expected. I have converted to metric as this should give me better results I think.
I compared it to the SIM Dashboard and although there is a discrepancy it may be attributed to how often the in game updates the display? I ran 12 laps at Brands Hatch and in game updated after a couple of laps but then did not update again. When complete the in game was at 1.13 l/lap while the SIM Dashboard had1.05 l/lap.