Fuel consumption

Driving in the Ring with
- Alfa Romeo Giulietta QV (60 lt fuel)
- BMW M3 E92 (63 lt fuel)
I noticed that with Giulietta I can do only 5 laps while with M3 I can do up to 10 laps.
They have almost same fuel capacity.
BMW mount a 4.0 lt V8 while Giulietta only a 1.75 lt V4.
What's wrong?
BMW M3 too few fuel usage or Giulietta too much?
I'm using Assetto Corsa v.1.0.4
Thanks for replies.

I've got a feeling the QV consumption is wrong, it burns through its tank really quickly compared to most cars in AC. The fuel consumption rates are pretty much guessed, from what I can tell, since MPG at highway speeds are kinda irrelevant. Some of them got reported once & fixed but I think the QV's more recent.

Last edited:
Apart from QV thirtsty bug, I noticed a weird think using the "setup debug" with Mercedes SLS AMG: fuel consumption is not only related to engine revs, but much more to car speed. Basically, with same revs, higher is the car speed, much higher is fuel consumption.
I've reported the bug in the official Assetto Corsa forum site:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/fuel-consumption.20659/
hoping that developers will read it.

Last edited:
@Glaurung it's not only the revs, it's the engine load that affects the consumption very much too. That's why when you're engine braking at a downhill even at high rpm, fuel consumption is 0 (engine cut-off feature).

@Glaurung it's not only the revs, it's the engine load that affects the consumption very much too. That's why when you're engine braking at a downhill even at high rpm, fuel consumption is 0 (engine cut-off feature).
What you say Akis is true, but it's not the point.
I tested the SLS AMG in the Ring straight, first with car stopped in neutral with full throttle and seen the fuel consumption. Then in 1st gear with full throttle until speed stabilized and so on with 2nd, 3rd, 4th, always in full throttle condition and always at stationary speed.
The conclusion, with SLS is that higher speed makes higher fuel consumption.

You can't run the engine at full throttle in neutral because the rpm limiter is a throttle cut, same for any other gear where stable full throttle is at max rpms.

Fuel consumption is based on throttle * rpm, which is not perfect (like someone mentioned a lookup table for efficiency would be nice since most engines are tuned to be efficient at 60mph for road use or max rpm for track use - this represents about a 30% difference in off-peak consumption iirc) but is fairly reasonable.

Fuel consumption is very accurate in AC, I've been on empty where a hotlap would leave me stranded, but easier driving with lower revs, slower throttle input, and less rough driving extended fuel use back to the pits. Very very realistic feature.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.0%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 119 10.9%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 159 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 303 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 434 39.6%