Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

Qs4QSr0.jpg

Track: Ortona

Schedule

Ortona 1
Practice:
19:00 GMT
Quali 1: 19:10 GMT - 5 minutes, super-pole (one out lap, one hot lap, one in lap).
Warmup 1: 19:15 GMT - 3 minutes

Race 1: 19:20 GMT - 10 minutes
Race 2: 19:30 (approx) Reverse Grid

Ortona 2
Quali 2:
19:50 GMT - 5 minutes, super-pole (one out lap, one hot lap, one in lap).
Warmup 2: 19:55 GMT - 3 minutes

Race 3: 20:00 GMT - 10 minutes
Race 4: 20:10 (approx) Reverse Grid

If you DNF in a race, please stick about for the next race, it's not a long wait. We can do more races if people want, moving on to Ortona 3. I haven't had much time for testing, so we'll just see how it goes.

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

Let's fill up the grid! You can ask other drivers to practice or race with you by using the tag function of the forum. Just type an @ directly followed by the user name and this person will receive a notification.

Our racing clubs are foremost meant to gain online experience so please help other drivers out when they have questions about the event, the car, the track, the setup or a combination. This is not a league race, it's for some fun, so please join us on TeamSpeak and build a little community spirit!

Example of track limits for a track.

Priority Access
In case of a large amount of sign-ups premium members are given priority access to enter this event. Premium members please sign up at least 24 hours in advance to be given priority; I won't kick a non-premium member off the list if your sign up is very late. Don't forget Licensed memberships are being phased out.

1. Andrew James
  2. Enzo Fazzi
  3. Bram Hengeveld
  4. Ramon van Rijn
  5. Tuomas Lankinen
  6. Ryan Seltzer
  7. Jörn Horbelt
  8. Guus Verver
  9. Morne Du Plooy
  10. Yuri Kasdorp
  11. Keith Griffall
  12. stevem
  13. Bozla
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver
  26. Driver

Last edited by a moderator:
Race 1: Started 3rd and was pushing to get to second before going too wide at a corner which caused me to lose two positions to Sven and Morne. Morne eventually went wide at a corner so I got that place back and was trying hard to get the position back from Sven but had no luck. I knocked into Sven with 2 laps left at the last corner but luckily it did not cause him to go off track.

Race 2: Started 6th but got off to a good start and gained two positions on the first lap before gaining another soon after when someone went wide. Was in 3rd position after 2/3 laps and was determined to keep it that way :) I had Craig and Tuomas behind me with a nice gap. The last 5 laps I was being a little cautious as I did not want to go wide or off track and lose my first podium finish when there has been more than 7 people. Craig and Tuomas were getting a little closer to me but were also having a little battle of their own which I was hoping would keep them both occupied and leave me alone. With about a lap to go, Tuomas passes Craig and was gaining on me quite fast. I had to make sure that I was able to hold my lines and be on the inside and not let him sneak through on the inside at a corner. At the last corner, Tuomas was really close to me but I had done enough to ensure that I would cross the line in 3rd position for what I consider to be my first geniune podium!!!

Finishing 4th and then 3rd is what I call a good night of racing :D:D:D

Cant wait for Saturday. Gonna be good :thumbsup:

Bit of a suggestion as opposed to selecting a car but if it is the Stock Cars, what may be a good idea is to simulate a series based on the tracks that are used.
For example, the Australian tracks (currently there are 4, more on the way) that Patrick is working on could be used for a V8 Supercar type series or the BTCC tracks (8 available tracks) can be used to create some kind of British Supercar series.

It does not have to be restricted only to Stock Cars but I personally like the idea of simulating a series by using the tracks that the series also uses. Helps to add that little bit more immersion to the league.

Bit of a suggestion as opposed to selecting a car but if it is the Stock Cars, what may be a good idea is to simulate a series based on the tracks that are used.
For example, the Australian tracks (currently there are 4, more on the way) that Patrick is working on could be used for a V8 Supercar type series or the BTCC tracks (8 available tracks) can be used to create some kind of British Supercar series.

It does not have to be restricted only to Stock Cars but I personally like the idea of simulating a series by using the tracks that the series also uses. Helps to add that little bit more immersion to the league.
I completely agree, but most of the time I am limited by 1. Not having all the tracks (like Bathurst :() or 2. Enough time for 14 rounds (which is what I think V8 Supercars is this year) or whatever. But definitely something I'd like to do if we ever get all the resources we need.

Of course it's already fair, those are the rules, but thanks for being generous. You replaced Iain who signed out. Theo signed up after you and replaces Jyri. Besides, I wouldn't be surprised if we have another drop out between now and then :thumbsup: Let's see what happens :)

They are relatively easy, low speed, and no gear changes at all. You should be fine if you want to race with us. Would be happy to sign you up.
You sayin I can't change gear? ;) :)

Thanks Andrew, I might have a go tonight and see how I get on. I used to race carts many years ago (the real ones that is) :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back