Ftruck?

Only started driving the awesome FTrucks this week. Holy Diesel! Amazing vehicle.

Will wait for the release to ask my stupid question about the FTruck circuits speed zone...

Has anybody an idea as to why all the trucks have such enormous amounts of understeer? Sheesh, it's like the tyres are completly flat, it's not realistic, even for the basic setup. It's not my driving, the AI trucks all have it too. What's that all about?

When watching trucks at Thruxton last year, the announcer said over the speaker system that the trucks aren't as hard to handle as you'd think. They're mid engined, so the weight distribution is more even than it looks. They are a bit like a touring car to drive apparently.

The amount of understeer is ridiculous and totally unrealistic: I drove trucks for a living for 25 years, and sometimes we used to race round with the tractor units without a trailer in the harbours to have a bit of fun while waiting for the next tour. And they handled pretty well really, a lot of roll, but also enormous amounts of grip from what were of course just normal truck tyres. But they had nothing like the amounts of understeer displayed by the racing trucks, which have slicks and enormous amounts of grip. If they were really so bad in real life as they are in the sim, they would have to come in for new tyres every two laps.

or did they just seem so fast because you were used to driving road speeds and pulling big weights?
They were pretty nippy without a trailer that's true, but at least they turned in when you moved the steering wheel.
With the sim trucks I've been practicing a bit, and I can nearly keep up with the AI at 95%, but in a race they just dissapear into the distance. Looks like I need more practice. They do make a lovely noise though, reminds me a bit of my Scanias and DAFs back then :)

@Paul Jeffrey I just compared the beta with the FTruck game: the skins have obviously all been adjusted (different shade of colors, some logo placements, in a couple occasion a whole different scheme), but it is pretty close to the official 2013 skins from FTruck. So still no Ford, Mercedes or Scania name, badges or logos; while there are there for Iveco, Volvo and VW.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 301 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 201 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 269 13.7%