FSR Wet Weather Test Race - 15th March 2015

The plugin is working, other leagues operate it without problem, just with more test and preparation.
The wet race was cool with the battle with Kuba.

I had huge fps drop on the straight finish line, maybe caused by the lod loading i donno. I passed from 70 to 20fps... missing the first corner in lap1.
After i could increase the gap saving the tyres to do 11laps with the full wet which were a lot slower where the track* became dryer.
Indeed in the wet conditions there was a racing line which was much faster. I think caused by the realroad multiplier. we can reduce it to allow less difference between off and racing line allowing different apex approach.

Last edited:
Both of you guys are right, but the cooling effect isnt yet implemented by ISI in those physics. The only mod that has some realistic wet weather simulation is the Brabham one. So for now it's kinda useless. JES could explain further I suppose.

Ok, that's very interesting. I have added these parameters to the mod now, I tested it a bit in developer mode on 75% constant road wetness, it seemed to have improved things from first impression. Water cooling of tires should be simulated better with these new params.

These are now the Brabham parameters and that car uses bias-ply tires, which are very different from modern F1, so there might be some surprises. But it will be included in the next mod update anyway.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 349 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 243 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%