FSR Thrustmaster World Championship: Round 12 (Live Stream)

FSR World Championship Round 12.jpg

With one round left to go, the FSR 2014 World Drivers' Championship culminates in the upcoming weekend at Austin, Texas on the new built Circuit of the Americas and you can watch it all via our live stream.

Making its entrance for the first time in the FSR calendar, COTA will provide the drivers a challenging mix of corners, including a number of fast S-turns in sector one, followed by a slows-speed stadium section. The track will feature two DRS zones: one on the main straight and one on the backstraight, which at 1.2 km ranks among the longest in the calendar, ensuring good overtaking opportunities. The tire choice of soft and medium compounds will likely see all cars pitting at least 3 times

The driver's championship title will for the first time ever in FSR history (2001-2013) go down to the wire, as Morgan Morand and Bono Huis are separated by 10 points to the Frenchman's advantage, following the Suzuka race where both championship contenders scored null. This time it will be enough for Morand to score a third place in order to secure the championship, regardless of where Huis finishes, due to the number of victories advantage (5 to 2). Should Huis secure the championship on Sunday, he would become the first to ever win five championships in FSR, all in a row (Bruno Marques holds second with three championships). For Morand, the championship would mark the first after being runner-up in 2012.

In constructor's, Precision Motorsports is already the crowned champion, becoming the first team ever to win 5 championships in a row (2010-2014). Places 2,3,4 and 5 are still to be decided. Crown7NetRex holds a 20-point lead to Twister-Racing, which in turn is 22 points ahead of GT Omega, being 5 points ahead of Twister-Racing Black.

The championship decider and all other series will be be broadcasted live on YouTube, starting with the Ace on Saturday 16:30 GMT, followed by Pro on Sunday 13:30 GMT, culminating into the World Championship, starting on Sunday 16:30 GMT. Read the following track facts and race bets to find out the favorites for the event!

Track facts:
  • Length: 5.513 km
  • Race distance: 56 laps / 308.728 km
  • Direction: anti-clockwise
  • Number of corners: 20
  • Longest flat-out section: 1.2km
  • Full throttle: 68%
  • Tyre wear: Medium
  • Engine wear: Medium
  • Brake wear: Medium
  • Downforce: High
Expert Bets
  • Winner: David Greco
  • Pole position: Morgan Morand
  • Fastest lap: Bono Huis
  • Best team score: Precision Motorsports
  • Number of classfied finishers: 15
  • Favourite strategy: 3 Stop
  • Top grid advancer: Patrick De Wit
  • Pole laptime: 1:36.4
Live Stream

It is actually an included car by ISI with nearly no modifications.

I've been out of the scene for along time, the only F1 related sims i played online are F1C,
F1 2012 but this one is not a sim.
i have shifted to Rally sims mostly RBR since im an actually amateur rally driver so thanks for the info.
Also what do i have to do to sing up for this championship?

It is actually an included car by ISI with nearly no modifications.

Indeed - Formula ISI, although one significant change from the default mod - besides the custom skins, obviously - is the significantly reduced dirty air, which is frankly ridiculous in the default mod.

I've been out of the scene for along time, the only F1 related sims i played online are F1C,
F1 2012 but this one is not a sim.
i have shifted to Rally sims mostly RBR since im an actually amateur rally driver so thanks for the info.
Also what do i have to do to sing up for this championship?

You can make a post here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/fsr-team-driver-opportunities.29/

If a team needs a driver, they will trial you and see if you are quick enough. If you are, you need to pay for a driver's license, and if you are alien speed, the team might just pay it for you - something I obviously know nothing about. :sneaky:

Indeed - Formula ISI, although one significant change from the default mod - besides the custom skins, obviously - is the significantly reduced dirty air, which is frankly ridiculous in the default mod.

You can make a post here: http://www.racedepartment.com/forums/fsr-team-driver-opportunities.29/

If a team needs a driver, they will trial you and see if you are quick enough. If you are, you need to pay for a driver's license, and if you are alien speed, the team might just pay it for you - something I obviously know nothing about. :sneaky:

Thank you i will consider it :)

This was a nail biter and from a outsiders point of view i would say one of the best seasons i have seen , Well done to all championship winners and every driver at FSR and thanks for a fantastic season.Enjoy the off season , Cannot wait for the next one

Amazing race and season . This season Morgan was on another level in terms of speed and general race management until late on. He was a real star. But credit to huis (I'm a fan ) , he started to show his robotic form coolness and will to win late on. Both are just a cut above even though Jim Parisis mike Gosbee and David greco excelled in certain races .I loved listening to the commentary on all of the races including ace and pro. .so a great production all around! I now wonder if Morgan will come back stronger or be broken by this. If he does, bono will have to raise his game because he was too often second best by his standards. Can't wait for next season !

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 236 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 232 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 175 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 296 13.4%