FSR Manager + FileSubmit

FSR Manager for rFactor 2 can now be downloaded from the mod download page. Thanks to Christian Smirnoff for continued support to rFactor 2. The use of FSR Manager is mandatory during a race weekend. You will not be able to join the server during weekend without manager running. Everyone should test that the manager runs fine on their system before the race weekend. An issue noticed last minute with the software is not a valid excuse to not run the tool.

What is FSR Manager?

FSR Manager is an exclusive tool of Formula SimRacing continuously being developed by Christian Smirnoff. FSR Manager is the most powerful anti-cheat tool available for rFactor, and the only tool that has seen continuous development for rFactor 2. For security reasons, details of FSR Manager's power will not be exposed. The Manager produces logs of a driver's session for the Administrators to review. Every driver has to start rFactor 2 through the FSR Manager for every official event.

Read excact race weekend procedures for FSR Manager here and FileSubmit instructions here. If you have any further questions about the procedures, feel free to ask them here.

Run as admin didn't work.

But, I moved FSR Manager out of "rFactor2\FSR2014Tools\FSR2014Tools" and into "\rFactor2". I also moved "hashes.dat" into the same place (was getting an error that the file wasn't found) and now it seems to have fixed the problem.

So for me, FSR Manager and hashes.dat must be in the rF2 root folder, not in any other folder like last year

EDIT: When i click run rFactor, I get another error! "Error applying patch." - but the launcher still loads

Test again with "run as admin" and see if it gets rid of the second error. You basically won't be able to join the server on weekend with the patch error.

Still the same, error applying patch.

EDIT: Moved over all the relevant files into the rF2 root folder and it works now. (FSR Manager, FSR FileSubmit, component.dat, hashes.dat and ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib.dll)

It has been tested on a PC without UAC as well, but there are so many operating systems and scenarios I guess this will always happen to some.

Doesn't matter if it says player. Important thing is to type real name when you submit file with FileSubmit.

It has been tested on a PC without UAC as well, but there are so many operating systems and scenarios I guess this will always happen to some.

Doesn't matter if it says player. Important thing is to type real name when you submit file with FileSubmit.

I just renamed both the folder and file named player to my real name, and now it works correctly as well.

Interesting. I was on the full version of rF2 before, and it had to be inside the rF2 folder. Just tried it on rF2 lite and it's fine being placed anywhere. I guess it's a bug with full/lite and where things get placed! Ahh well, least it works :)

Along the lines of where things get placed it could be because i had no rF2 folder in My Documents, I kept everything within the rFactor2 folder in Program Files, where-as after a re-install, I have a folder in my docs. :thumbsup: Either way, if someone has this problem, the answer's been found :laugh:

Last edited:
I sent PQ log and replay via file submit tool. But if I want send Q1 replay and R log, it shows:
"Selected Qualifying 1 VCR is not a Hotlap Replay."

Im sure I have correct file. So I sent it via email to be sure.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 380 39.7%