FSR Manager "Duplicate Profiles"

Hi, Barnabas was unable to compete today because when he put his info into FSR Manager, it just said "Duplicate Profiles" (My Documents) we tried everything, Resintalling rFactor and FSR, deleting the duplicate profile from the my documents, deleting the main profile, changing user settings, everything and it just won't work. Anyone got any idea on how to fix this for China.

Cheers

This happened to me at race 1 and the issue was with Vista and the UAC rubbish it does. If I recall, FSR manager runs with admin mode and the .plr file in the rFactor userdata folder is used rather than the one in My Documents.

To fix I moved my .Plr from my documents to my rFactor/userdata folder and set the game to always run in admin mode. After that you'll have to remove the .Plr file from the folder in My Documents (if you copied rather than cut) to clear the "Duplicate Profiles" error. I kept a copy in a folder on my desktop to keep as a backup in case anything ever happens to my rF directory.

As Craig said, you will need to have your profile in the rFactor/UserData folder if you have UAC disabled or you run rF as administrator. If you use rFactor without admin privileges and you have UAC enabled, you will need to have your profile inside My Documents.

To avoid the "duplicate profiles" issue, you need to make sure your profile is not in both locations. Just make a backup and delete it from the location it is not being used from.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 361 15.8%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 254 11.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 245 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 180 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 302 13.2%